Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Borussia Dortmund Socks and Shorts - Help Please!!

• 17-12-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I need the expertise of the soccer forum. My sister asked me to source a Borussia Dortmund kit for my nephew for Christmas. I ordered it from www.bvbfanshop.com at the end of November and after much toing and froing (waiting for stock, waiting to get jersey printed!) it finally arrived today.

The problem is that only the jersey came. No socks and no shorts. Now I've emailed the website giving out but the chances of them sending out replacements and them getting here by Christmas are slim to none.

Does anyone know any shop anywhere (well between Dublin, Cork and Limerick) that sells Dortmund socks and shorts? It's to fit a young lad age 12. Online isn't an option at this late date so it'll need to be a bricks and mortar shop that I can collect from.

Thanks guys,
    Rega

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Post me a link of what exactly it was that you ordered. I am in the BVB head office tomorrow on business and if there has been a mistake may be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Wow, thanks for that.

"Your Order BVB-29509472 was despatched on 11/12/2013 23:30:20 containing the following item(s) :-

1 x BVB Home Shirt 2013/14 - Long Sleeve - Youths with Reus 11 printing 164
    1 x BVB Home Change Shorts 2013/14 - Youths 164
    1 x BVB Away Socks 2013/14 39-42"

1 x BVB Home Change Shorts 2013/14 - Youths 164
    http://bvbfanshop.com/stores/bvb/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=138694&portal=&cmp=

1 x BVB Away Socks 2013/14 39-42
    Link isn't on the website now.

Did you get order confirmation, an invoice or receipt of payment from them/paypal??? If so please send it to me per pn. I will need the order number etc. Where you charged for the socks and shorts and they didnt arrive??? Just so i get the story right before i make a fool of myself tomorrow morning

Did you get order confirmation, an invoice or receipt of payment from them/paypal??? If so please send it to me per pn. I will need the order number etc. Where you charged for the socks and shorts and they didnt arrive??? Just so i get the story right before i make a fool of myself tomorrow morning

pm sent

OK if you can answer my last pm and send me the info per mail then i will give it a shot in the morning.

• Advertisement

Just a little update. Just left the club headquaters, as its an international delivery it has left a logistics center. I have a number for them and they have been asked to get back to me.
    Will try them again after lunch, however i was warned that they are run off there feet at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Hi,

Anyone know of any shop in the Dublin area that has kids size (age 9-10) Dortmund jersey's? Doesn't necessarily have to be the latest edition.

I asked in a Lifestyle shop yesterday and the assistant was like 'Brussia who?' :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Slogger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hi,

Anyone know of any shop in the Dublin area that has kids size (age 9-10) Dortmund jersey's? Doesn't necessarily have to be the latest edition.

I asked in a Lifestyle shop yesterday and the assistant was like 'Brussia who?' :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Slogger

Unreal. Do they not even have a like of sports on their CV??

Anyway, surprisingly enough, Dortmund jerseys are pretty tough to buy in Ireland to be honest. I don't think I've even seen one here. Worthwhile emailing Lifestyle sports to see if they stock the Dortmund jersey anywhere. If they don't have it, nowhere else would have it I'd guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hi,

Cheers,

Slogger

Had a look myself and ended up having to go online, the shops here really just stock the EPL big boys .

I spoke to a guy in Sportsmith's who said they are only available online so I've given the bvbfanshop a go. Thanks.

• Advertisement

BVBfanshop wont get to you by Christmas.......from what i am being told they need 3-4 days to get the stuff out of the warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A jersey you would expect a shop to have, try buying a pair of football boots in Lifestyle, let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Someone needs to inform Dortmund about the mindset of Irish people who like football. They have an opportunity to attract the next generation of fans like Liverpool and United in the 80's/90's if they had merchandise available here. I've lost count how many times I've heard Pool/United fans say 'I started supporting them because I was given their jersey when I was a young lad'.

I was given a Bayern jersey, but luckily that didn't stick.

BVBfanshop wont get to you by Christmas.......from what i am being told they need 3-4 days to get the stuff out of the warehouse.

I might be lucky. I got a shipping email already.. says its on the way with DHL. That email was c.8 hours since the online order. So fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote: »
    A jersey you would expect a shop to have, try buying a pair of football boots in Lifestyle, let us know how you get on.

It's all to do with them being made by Puma. If they were Nike or Adidas you'd find the jerseys everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

CSF wrote: »
    It's all to do with them being made by Puma. If they were Nike or Adidas you'd find the jerseys everywhere.

They were kappa last few years and no where too be seen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭CSF

MrMac84 wrote: »
    They were kappa last few years and no where too be seen!

Same situation there. They don't have the same distribution channels that Nike and Adidas have. Villa and Leeds have had problems with this in the past also.

Jersey delivery success (within 24 hrs of order). You pay extra for the quick delivery but a son's happiness is important :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Jersey delivery success (within 24 hrs of order). You pay extra for the quick delivery but a son's happiness is important :D

I ordered from LaLigaShop once. It was ~€13 for delivery but it promised 24 hour delivery and came next day from Barcelona. I was delighted with service to be honest.

They're not offering the same service any more but it's worth noting people are happy to pay extra when it does what is offered.

Lifestyle/other sports shops used to have loads of old Stuttgart Puma jerseys back in the day. Old stock though.

Official Nike/Adidas/Puma stores are generally poor. Looking for Athletic Bilbao and nothing on Nike store and ridiculous shipping €50 from the official store. It's becoming a monopoly with the official web store and high shipping the only option a lot of the time.

@ Rega,
    I am very sorry, however as I said on Thursday per mail the ladies in the shop at the Headoffice were very friendly and tried to get the problem sorted. Unfortunatly the logistics guy who was meant to ring me to find a solution didnt bother his arse to get in touch. I hope you have found a solution and the little fella gets his stuff.
    Again sorry that I couldnt help, but it wasnt for the want of trying.

@ All others....
    The availability of the Dortmund gear is purely down to Puma and their sales/distribution network. Personally I think BVB has become to big to quick. Dont think the infrastructure is in place to cope with the foreign demand for tickets and merchandise. Since the CL Final in London they receiver approx. 1500 ticket reqests for tickets from abroad for every home game. That is in comparison to before the final, approx.120 per game.

• Advertisement

Irishmale0399, thanks very much for your efforts. It's greatly appreciated. I got an email this morning saying that they've re-sent the shorts but that the socks are out of stock. Hopefully they'll get here in time but as long as we have the jersey we'll be grand.

Thanks again. That was a hell of a thing to do for a stranger. Hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

Advertisement