Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cup Competition

Options
  • 17-12-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭

The group stages look like this (used a random number generator to generate the groups based on what order you posted in the thread):

Group A
    Heli
    Caroller
    Nelbert
    Pudsy

Group B
    Gatsby
    Perrin
    Giffney
    Madalig

Group C
    Raoul
    Mikemac
    Rock
    Empacher

You play each person in your group once. Play as soon as you can. (3 games in the regular season)

The top two in each division will go through to the playoffs along with two wildcards. So 8 teams in the playoffs and from then on it is a cup competition. The top two seeded teams will play the wildcards. All this will be done the normal way NFL rank teams. (3 games in the playoffs)

So to the fun part. 6 games! You will have 480 points to play with throughout the course of the tournament which is 6 times the average overall rating. You can only use each team once.

When posting your results please enter the overall team rating and the score.

Get your games played asap. And try and get one more person to join in.

From now on it will be compulsory for everyone to use the community. The community is boardscup and the password is boards.

Please report back with how you think the game played and whether it was better than normal. As in was it more realistic, were run plays that should have been stopped getting stopped. Was passing on 3rd down really easy? Anything of note

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

yeah i would, sick of playing online games that end in 1st quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Awwww yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Right we have four now. Will give it until 5 tomorrow and we can see how many we get.

Just thinking we could also try some sliders to see what people think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Yep. have been absent for a while so I could use the practice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'm game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'm in

I was trying to think of ways to make it more fun.

For the format, I was thinking a group stage followed by a knockout.

One other thing I was thinking was that for the whole competition you only have a number of points to spend on picking your team. Once we finalise who is playing and how many games there will be and we can pick a points total. The overall rating of the team you pick will cost you points. So you will have to manage them and decide when you want to use your big guns and when you think you will be able to get the w with one of the lesser teams.

Also you can only use each team once.

This is just to try and get people using teams they are not used to.

Does anybody oppose this idea? If two people do then I will scrap it and we will simply draft teams with the order from a random number generator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

In

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

In

I would prefer to use real teams and not to draft a new roster

mikemac1 wrote: »
    In

I would prefer to use real teams and not to draft a new roster

Maybe my idea wasn't explained very well. I meant you have say 220 points or something. You can pick say Seahawks who have an overall rating of 94 (I don't know the actual) so this means you have 220-94=126 points left to use on your next two games.

Obviously if people are up for this, I would need opinions on how many points. Depending on how many games there are. 10 teams at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i like the sound of that..
    We need a good benchmark for teams though..

We can count you in then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

you can..

The benchmark for points should be the average overall for all the teams x the number of games. So for example. The avg is 80, and we play 6 games. You get 480 points. I could pick 6 middle of the round teams. Or go bills jags texans, and finish with the big guns broncos, chiefs hawks.

empacher wrote: »
    The benchmark for points should be the average overall for all the teams x the number of games. So for example. The avg is 80, and we play 6 games. You get 480 points. I could pick 6 middle of the round teams. Or go bills jags texans, and finish with the big guns broncos, chiefs hawks.

Thats what I was thinking. What is the average team's overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

empacher wrote: »

Adrian Peterson finds this offensive.

The group stages look like this (used a random number generator to generate the groups based on what order you posted in the thread):

Group A
    Heli
    Caroller
    Nelbert
    Pudsy

Group B
    Gatsby
    Perrin
    Giffney
    Madalig

Group C
    Raoul
    Mikemac
    Rock
    Empacher

You play each person in your group once. Play as soon as you can. (3 games in the regular season)

The top two in each division will go through to the playoffs along with two wildcards. So 8 teams in the playoffs and from then on it is a cup competition. The top two seeded teams will play the wildcards. All this will be done the normal way NFL rank teams. (3 games in the playoffs)

So to the fun part. 6 games! You will have 480 points to play with throughout the course of the tournament which is 6 times the average overall rating.

When posting your results please enter the overall team rating and the score.

Get your games played asap. And try and get one more person to join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ill play.

• Advertisement

Rock, raoul, Mike anyone want to play?

I have a game now from PFL. I can play at 9.30 though and should be about all evening tomorrow.

Ive no power til around 8.30 the ESB say anyway which could mean 8.30 next week, i could play later if it comes back.

I can play @ 11:40 tonight Perrin? Typical we play each other

I can play @ 11:40 tonight Perrin? Typical we play each other
    Might be 12 before I can get on.

How are we working the teams again? Like should I picking really bad teams for the opening group games?

I'm amazed Perrin that you have the time to play in this due to all the other games you have to get through.

Mike i can play around 9.30 if your about.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Might be 12 before I can get on.

How are we working the teams again? Like should I picking really bad teams for the opening group games?

Ye that suits me fine! See U then! And we have to pick teams, against each other that's rating adds up to our maximum points!

anybody in group c available to play?

Ye that suits me fine! See U then! And we have to pick teams, against each other that's rating adds up to our maximum points!
    O right but I presume we can't change anyone in the depth chart as if we did that would change the overall rating

• Advertisement

Giffney vs Perrin! Giffney wins with 49ers vs raiders

Went to OT and after raider field goal, 9ers got touchdown after huge kick return to the 39!

49ers rated 87
    Raiders rated...??

Advertisement