Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between Live Silver and Gold

Options
  • 17-12-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Sorry I'm a Newbie! I finally decided it was time to replace my PS2 so got an XBox 360. It came with one month free Gold membership. When the months membership runs out what will I be unable to do? I have no interest in playing games online and my broadband would probably not be good enough anyway. Is there any other reason for me to pay out for Gold?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You need Gold to use the likes of the Netflix & Youtube apps unfortunately. If you're not interested in multiplayer gaming & the above doesn't bother you, then you should be ok without it. I presume you can still browse & buy from the Xbox Marketplace without Gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Thanks! I better get myself a subscription so. I love having Netflix on the TV instead of just the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

You might pick up a couple of digital game deals, as well as the free games with gold on the 1st and 15th(?) of every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Keep on eye on this thread for savings on digital games this week in the countdown to 2014 sale http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056144176&page=79

Usually a sale every week exclusive to gold members, oh and there is games with gold, 2 free games every month of varying quality, you just missed gears of war which would have been great for someone new to xbox.

Shoot many robots is the current free game with games with gold so worth picking up if you get a gold subscription have a look here for cheaper places to get a 12 month sub http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688

Advertisement