Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing by park

Options
  • 17-12-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

According to Damien Tiernan over on twitter

@damienrte: Customer stabbed during raid on Maxol filing station on Park Road, Waterford city; he is in a serious condition; now transferred to Cork.

@damienrte: The injured man was in the petrol station at the time of raid at 7pm; four people arrested shortly afterwards

@damienrte: Man brought to WRH first but due to nature of his injury has now been brought to Cork University Hospital

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Reading news like this makes my blood boil. Hope that person pulls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

cococoady wrote: »
    According to Damien Tiernan over on twitter

@damienrte: Customer stabbed during raid on Maxol filing station on Park Road, Waterford city; he is in a serious condition; now transferred to Cork.

@damienrte: The injured man was in the petrol station at the time of raid at 7pm; four people arrested shortly afterwards

@damienrte: Man brought to WRH first but due to nature of his injury has now been brought to Cork University Hospital

Hope they lock the fkers up straight away and not leave them roam the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭south

Things have really gotten out of hand. I hope the person who helped pulls through. incredibly brave thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Thats twice in around a week that petrol station has been robbed.Staff must terrified to go to work at this stage

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I live nearby and was wondering what had happened. I (morbidly) assumed the Maxol had been robbed as it had it's foyet lights and petrol price sign off.

When I was passing there was an ambulance in the Maxol and 5 or 6 Gardai cars about.

I hope those who did it are caught and go to prison for a long long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭south

17 Dec 2013 22:10
    A man is in a serious condition in hospital after he was stabbed during a raid on a service station in Waterford city.
    The customer was stabbed during the robbery at the Maxol service station on the Park Road.
    Two men entered the service station and threatened staff and customers at about 7.15pm this evening.
    The men, who were armed with a knife, escaped the scene with a sum of cash.
    The wounded man was taken to Waterford Regional Hospital, but was later transferred to Cork University Hospital.
    Two men were arrested shortly afterwards in an apartment in Waterford city. They are being held at Tramore Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Really hope he pulls through. Terrible thing to happen :-(

Times like this I wish Ireland had the death penalty. Scum who do things like this don't deserve to live in a normal society.

But being Ireland the perpetrator will play the sob story of a broken home and emotional problems, get a few years in prison, serve a few days and be back out on the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Heroin is the culprit more than likely.
    Its unreal how bad its gotten in the county, you can be sure its one of the main reasons there are so many robberies, burglaries, muggings and violent behaviour.

there needs to be action, the garda arrest the junkies and let them back out on the street to wait for a court date and re-offend.

https://www.facebook.com/davin.delaney.1/posts/10200278061633639

"A lovely man has just been stabbed at my petrol station at park road .This is not news ,what do we have to do to protect ourselfs from scum .This was all for a few measly hundred he saved my staff from being hurt these scum bags were off their heads on what ever , if anyone hear anything relating to this please contact the Garda please share this Thank you"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

jesus christ i hope he pulls through. I remember in school we were asked 'who thinks the death penalty should be brought into Ireland' and I was the only one in my class who put up my hand. everyone turned around at me in disgust. I still stand by that decision. Fcuking c/nts should be shot in the head and thrown into the fire. horrible news.

Dublin, 1980, community protests, roadblocks and basically pressure put on the junkies to get out.
    If they didnt get out, they were man handled.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just a wee reminder not to mention any names of the injured party or suspects in this case until its confirmed by the media and you can link us to it. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

0rt wrote: »
    Dublin, 1980, community protests, roadblocks and basically pressure put on the junkies to get out.
    If they didnt get out, they were man handled.

Better to get the source out, the junkies are a side effect.

it was the junkies that were bringing in the gear, evict the junkies and the gear went with them.
    Im not saying all junkies are bad, heroin is.. and it just so happens that there are junkies robbing to support habits.

I dont trust heroin..

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Passed by earlier on the way home, one ambulance and several Garda cars present with lights flashing. Was clear something bad had happened. Hope the person involved makes a full recovery and those responsible get what they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dildo S. Trap

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Thats twice in around a week that petrol station has been robbed.Staff must terrified to go to work at this stage

Yup, my fiancee works there and I'm terrified for him to go back so cannot imagine how they feel. Very sad situation :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dildo Strap.

Quite the name

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dildo S. Trap

kryogen wrote: »
    Dildo Strap.

Quite the name

Why thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭green123

0rt wrote: »
    .This was all for a few measly hundred he saved my staff from being hurt "[/I]

how did he save the staff ?

did he try to stop the robbery ?

was he trying to be a hero over a few hundred euro ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

"The men, who were armed with a knife, threatened a female member of staff. A customer came to her aid and was stabbed during the robbery."

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/desktopxhtml/119-1.html

Sounds like he thought they were going to stab her so stepped in.

"An address at Canada House, Canada Street, Waterford was searched after the robbery and suspects were arrested."

This is less than 50m away from the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

What a sickening and disgusting incident.Waterford is such a nice city but look at all the robberies that have been happening these past few months which has culminated in an innocent man getting stabbed.Then again considering the way heroin has taken a hold in Cork and Limerick cities it was only a matter of time before the problem spread.Of course you will have the liberal do gooders that will defend these people and lecture us about the rights of the criminal and the drug addict but f them i say.This heroin scourge is changing our cities for the worse and we need the powers that be to tackle this problem head on.

• Advertisement

anyone know the lad is doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

green123 wrote: »

There is no need to be flippant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

dzilla wrote: »
    There is no need to be flippant

Come on now, we don't know what happened, or how any of us would react in that sort of situation.

I'd never put my life in danger for the contents of some petrol station owner's till, but if I was in there and some skobe was about to hurt the girl behind the counter with a knife, I might not see any other option than to try and stop him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bad things happen when good people stand by and do nothing,

Its obviously not the outcome the guy wanted (getting stabbed) but you don't know the situation at the time and clearly he thought the staff was in alot of danger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I dont think anybody would know what to do when in that situation we might think its like a movie and we will become a hero or something but the reality is that there is some scum out there and they wouldn't think twice about stabbing you and unfortunately this is what happened yesterday.Out of interest does anybody know why these scumbags are being held in New Ross and Tramore Garda stations and not the Waterford city one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

CatFromHue wrote: »
    "The men, who were armed with a knife, threatened a female member of staff. A customer came to her aid and was stabbed during the robbery."

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/desktopxhtml/119-1.html

Sounds like he thought they were going to stab her so stepped in.

"An address at Canada House, Canada Street, Waterford was searched after the robbery and suspects were arrested."

This is less than 50m away from the place!

2 and 2 sometimes don't make 4..... BUT there is a well known junkies/dealers flat down there ,that has been raided by the garda before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    2 and 2 sometimes don't make 4..... BUT there is a well known junkies/dealers flat down there ,that has been raided by the garda before.

Obviously don't put it on thread but can you tell me which one you are talking about in a pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

how did he save the staff ?

did he try to stop the robbery ?

From what i heard he was at the door when they where running out and maybe the robber thought he was blocking them in and sliced his arm or hand. He probably couldnt see they had a knife from behind the stand in the middle and in a split second did actually did try and block them in.

Shop is small enough. If there was fellas running down each lane to get out and you where at the exit its not gonna end well.

Also if anyone could PM me with who they arrested id be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

pity he didnt fill a few cups of boiling water off the boiler at the back of the shop and give their miserable faces a quick rinse with it.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement