Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ryanair Baggage rules

Options
  • 17-12-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

going on vacation tomorrow and thinking of bringing my DSLR in a Lowepro Slingshot 200 bag along with my cabin suit case. It's slightly larger than the 20x20x35 (ca. 20x25x40) but the length can be squished to 35.

Has anyone had any experience so far? I heard that the staff has gotten quite relaxed about carry on luggage. However, I'd like to safe me the pain to pay 60 bucks at the gate to get on board..

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Eltoten wrote: »
    Hi,

going on vacation tomorrow and thinking of bringing my DSLR in a Lowepro Slingshot 200 bag along with my cabin suit case. It's slightly larger than the 20x20x35 (ca. 20x25x40) but the length can be squished to 35.

Has anyone had any experience so far? I heard that the staff has gotten quite relaxed about carry on luggage. However, I'd like to safe me the pain to pay 60 bucks at the gate to get on board..

Cheers.

Should be grand, flew last week and it was very relaxed, they didn't weigh anything:

1456588_10152734264805663_1150206599_n.jpg

This says "If it fits its free" so if you can swish it into that container on the front its fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Eltoten

So, I didn't bring my camera after all but now I wish I had, it would have been fine. We flew back from Murcia, the small hand luggage handling was relaxed and nobody really cared about slightly larger items. The actual cabin luggage, however was weighed and actually only 90 pieces were allowed on board. After that luggage was tagged and had to be left on the runway beside the plane to be put into the hold. We checked in late and had to put ours into the hold. My fiancee's suitcase came out damaged, which is a real bummer. We didn't complain with Ryanair as we had no desire to go through the hassle, it was not an expensive suitcase anyway.
    In summary, the new relaxed approach to luggage makes traveling with Ryanair a bit more pleasant but people cue up way in advance to avoid having to have their put into the hold. Also, runway crew should be a bit more careful with that luggage as it may be a bit more fragile or contain fragile items.

Eltoten wrote: »
    So, I didn't bring my camera after all but now I wish I had, it would have been fine. We flew back from Murcia, the small hand luggage handling was relaxed and nobody really cared about slightly larger items. The actual cabin luggage, however was weighed and actually only 90 pieces were allowed on board. After that luggage was tagged and had to be left on the runway beside the plane to be put into the hold. We checked in late and had to put ours into the hold. My fiancee's suitcase came out damaged, which is a real bummer. We didn't complain with Ryanair as we had no desire to go through the hassle, it was not an expensive suitcase anyway.
    In summary, the new relaxed approach to luggage makes traveling with Ryanair a bit more pleasant but people cue up way in advance to avoid having to have their put into the hold. Also, runway crew should be a bit more careful with that luggage as it may be a bit more fragile or contain fragile items.

That process is very easy, you just go to the baggage desk and fill out a form. You get a set amount of compensation for the bag. Its usually done through the Baggage Handling agent, not the Airline.

Its only possible in the Airport though, after you leave theres no come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

So does this new baggage arrangement mean that if you are taking on board a laptop and important business items or essential medication as hand luggage and you are later than the 90th person in the que that your bag ends up in the hold.
    I would not be too happy about that, your running the risk of it being damaged / stolen or lost.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    So does this new baggage arrangement mean that if you are taking on board a laptop and important business items or essential medication as hand luggage and you are later than the 90th person in the que that your bag ends up in the hold.
    I would not be too happy about that, your running the risk of it being damaged / stolen or lost.

No, because the smaller bag fits under the seat in front of you.

Its the larger carry on bag that has to go into the hold.

Its the same on Aer Lingus also, if they overhead bins are full then they are full.

• Advertisement

K.Flyer wrote: »

No, that fits under the seat in front of you.

Advertisement