Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Royal Rumble 2014 Pre Show Thread *use spoiler tags for surprise entrants*

• 17-12-2013 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭

WWE-Royal-Rumble-2014-Poster.jpg

D Bryan surely is favourite to win the rumble match itself maybe as entrant 1

Who will win the rumble? 126 votes

Other - please specify
    0%
    Surprise return: Sheamus, Jericho, RVD
    0%
    RobbingBandit 1 vote
    Daniel Bryan
    3%
    Diddy KongJasper79Agent CoulsonBouncy11 4 votes
    Alberto Del Rio
    33%
    Bounty HunterWashoutiggyantifyrerichie.cConcannon7sophyaDeadParrotZigmundtvercettigrames_bondPennAdiboodoncarlosMegagersupremenoviceZemuppetStrongbow10waltersobchakbradlente 42 votes
    Batista
    0%
    Liamalone 1 vote
    Roman Reigns
    26%
    andymanMr.Nice GuyrushianJohnMc1slicus ricusShagNastiiSilverFox261artvanduletRjd2Moneymakerbuckfastererseanhyneseass82deano546sunbabe08CSFmax lifeMr BlobbyThepoet85Bloc Party! 34 votes
    someone from the title match: Cena or Orton
    8%
    D-FENSBandana boyLord TSCKess73Machismo FanDeeper BlueGarseysmartingriffmichaelr666BRYAN Is Ainm Domyawhat! 11 votes
    Brock Lesnar
    3%
    wintearNodygnfnrheadWinnyThePoo 4 votes
    Bray Wyatt
    3%
    wilfordcamposeiphilChip Whitley 4 votes
    CM Punk
    1%
    gerTheGreatTGJD 2 votes
    HHH
    18%
    Cianan2KioHerculeFurious-RedShaneUBlood-MartyrTripleAceCharisteasCarrollerx43r0Dubliner28montyrebellanger91the incredible puddingLoughcbrianregan09The Ayatolladundalkfc10Hashtag_HEELDazzmondo 23 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Alberto Del Rio
    We don't even know if hes in it yet. Could well be Cena. Id say Bryan has an outside chance seeing at the moment. It is creative booking this remember

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

HHH
    Does no body else see a cena Orton Bryan triple threat match for the wwe world heavyweight championship at the royal rumble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Brock Lesnar
    Favourites for me:

Cena or Orton
    Punk
    Triple H
    Lesnar
    Bryan
    Sheamus

In that order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Alberto Del Rio
    Loughc wrote: »
    Does no body else see a cena Orton Bryan triple threat match for the wwe world heavyweight championship at the royal rumble?

HHH wont put D Bryan in that title match at RR more likely just Cena Vs. Orton rematch or maybe with Punk added in but would prefer Punk and D Bryan enter the rumble 1 and 2 and be the last two left

Brock Lesnar
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    HHH wont put D Bryan in that title match at RR more likely just Cena Vs. Orton rematch or maybe with Punk added in but would prefer Punk and D Bryan enter the rumble 1 and 2 and be the last two left

If Bryan is put in at number one, it will be painfully obvious what is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Roman Reigns
    If we get a triple threat for the title at the Rumble like what this weeks happenings on Raw might suggest,it leaves Punk or Lesnar as the only lads I can see winning the Rumble match itself.Sheamus might return,but can't see him winning it.

I'd love to see Reigns win it,but probably a bit too early for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Favourites for me:

Cena or Orton
    Punk
    Triple H
    Lesnar
    Bryan
    Sheamus

In that order.

A Taker Rumble win and a match with Cena or for me Lesnar would be kewl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Roman Reigns
    If they did the Triple Threat, you have Orton lose, enter the Rumble. Him and Punk are the last 2 - Punk gets eliminated off the distraction from Hunter.

That's the only logical way I can see it going if there's the triple threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Roman Reigns
    It shouldn't be a triple threat. Bryan should be in the rumble, arguably Cena too. They haven't gone to any lengths to finding a suitable opponent for Orton early on though so it'll be Cena

Brock Lesnar
    RVD is due back soon. Wouldnt mind him getting the title match since Orton wont be losing before Wrestlemania. Would free up Cena for the Rumble.

• Advertisement

Alberto Del Rio
    IMHO, WWE would be stupid not to let D Bryan win the rumble and have his epic WM moment winning the world title, the guy is so over

If Taker Vs. Cena is happening at WM maybe have Taker return for the rumble match itself and eliminate Cena and maybe someone like Sheamus or Reigns then eliminates Taker, let Cena and Taker get in it outside the ring with Cena challenging Taker to a match at WM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Roman Reigns
    Might still let the losers of the title match/other matches into the Rumble anyway.Cody Rhodes did it last year iirc.

I'd much prefer a triple threat title match because Cena and Orton just don't seem to click in the ring together.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

HHH
    I think it would be great to have Bryan and Punk as number 1 or 2 . Then have them back it to the last 4 or 5 with Bryan winning

Brock Lesnar
    I think it would be great to have Bryan and Punk as number 1 or 2 . Then have them back it to the last 4 or 5 with Bryan winning

The heel authority figure making the popular babyface go in at number one or two always ends the same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

I'd rather see the victor (ideally not a previous winner) come from any of the numbers that haven't won yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dazzmondo

HHH
    I'm really hoping that Punk and Bryan enter at no. 1 and no. 2 and finish the last two in the ring. I don't really mind who wins at that stage, but Punk seems more likely imo.

Royal Rumble Predictions:
    Longest Time spent in the Rumble: 1. CM Punk, 2. Daniel Bryan, 3. Dean Ambrose, 4. Cody Rhodes, 5. Seth Rollins
    Most Eliminations: 1. Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan (5), 3. CM Punk, Sheamus, RVD and Antonio Cesaro (3)
    Last 6 (in order): CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Chris Jericho, Sheamus, Bray Wyatt and Big Show

WWEWHC Title: Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena

US Title: Dean Ambrose (c) vs Tyson Kidd

The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper and Erik Rowan) w. Bray Wyatt vs Dolph Ziggler & Sin Cara

Divas Title: AJ Lee (c) vs Natalya vs Brie Bella vs Nikki Bella

WWE Tag Titles: Cody Rhodes & Goldust (c) vs Rey Mysterio & the Big Show

Some of the matches may seem random and they are, but new feuds need to be created because most of the ones at TLC have ended. There are a number of directions WWE could go in though.

Brock Lesnar
    Dazzmondo wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that Punk and Bryan enter at no. 1 and no. 2 and finish the last two in the ring. I don't really mind who wins at that stage, but Punk seems more likely imo.

I'm hoping the exact opposite. Going the distance has been done so much it's a guarantee of winning now. I want some level of mystery surrounding the match rather than it being obvious.

Ideally, all the big guns would be kept for the second half of the match. Send Reigns in first and have him dominate Sin Cara, Tyson Kidd etc. Keep Bryan, Punk etc for 20-30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Roman Reigns
    As long as Jake shows up as a surprise entrant i'll be happy.

Alberto Del Rio
    Id love Cena Punk and Bryan to be in there. Maybe even Brock. Id like Bryan to win but if Cena and Brock and maybe Taker in there I may be convinced that Bryan wont win. Hence my surprise when he does win.

I doubt Bryan will win. Cant see him doing it. He headlined Summerslam with Cena and he was blamed for teh low buy rate so I find it hard that WWE will push him for the ME at Mania

in the rumble in MSG, when Cena returned, I was sure John Morrison was going to win. Thought he could of broken out. How wrong I was

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

HHH
    6 weeks ahead early with this thread :P,

I'm backing Daniel Bryan to win the Rumble this year and having his big moment at WRESTLEMANIA XXX by beating whoever is champion presumably HHH, Bryan may be super over now but winning the Rumble and then the title at WRESTLEMANIA, his popularity would sky rocket into the stratosphere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dazzmondo

HHH
    I'm hoping the exact opposite. Going the distance has been done so much it's a guarantee of winning now. I want some level of mystery surrounding the match rather than it being obvious.

Ideally, all the big guns would be kept for the second half of the match. Send Reigns in first and have him dominate Sin Cara, Tyson Kidd etc. Keep Bryan, Punk etc for 20-30.

It hasn't happened since 2006, I think it's about time it happened again. Also, with Bryan and Punk entering 1st and 2nd, it could be either of them who win, or even somebody else. Far from obvious if it was those 2 who started the match. If it was only one of them and say Sin Cara, then yes, it becomes more obvious. Last year's Rumble was okay, but the 3 before that were terrible, at least this would create intrigue for the entire match. You also have Reigns dominating the match at one stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

CM Punk
    I could well imagine that either Reigns or Big E will get an opportunity to clear the ring, (so entering somewhere between 15 - 20)

Brock Lesnar
    Dazzmondo wrote: »
    It hasn't happened since 2006, I think it's about time it happened again. Also, with Bryan and Punk entering 1st and 2nd, it could be either of them who win, or even somebody else. Far from obvious if it was those 2 who started the match. If it was only one of them and say Sin Cara, then yes, it becomes more obvious. Last year's Rumble was okay, but the 3 before that were terrible, at least this would create intrigue for the entire match. You also have Reigns dominating the match at one stage.

But it's been done several times before as well. If it had only happened once, fair enough. But the babyface that the heel authority dont like coming in first or second is a guarantee that they will be involved until the end. It's boring and predictable. Send Bryan in at ~20 and it's much more interesting. Send Punk in at ~25 and it gets even more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Said it in another thread, but can't see past Reigns winning the Rumble as a face and going on to Mania to win the strap.

Alberto Del Rio
    Said it in another thread, but can't see past Reigns winning the Rumble as a face and going on to Mania to win the strap.

I wouldnt imagine Reigns is ready yet. There is time to position him sure, but Creative being creative, Id imagine they'd mess it up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

They won't do anything until the first show of January.

I will say I am amazed they didn't keep the event a 40 man so it worked so well a couple of years ago.

Brock Lesnar
    rovert wrote: »
    They won't do anything until the first show of January.

I will say I am amazed they didn't keep the event a 40 man so it worked so well a couple of years ago.

I was just thinking the same. The roster is about 70 now excluding the part timers. They could easily fill it and still have room for a few legends.

I'd rather see the likes of Diesel and Roddy Piper instead of the likes of Road Dogg and Booker T. With a 30 man we'll get the latter. We see them loads throughout the year as it is. 40 allows those extra legend spots for actual surprises.

Alberto Del Rio
    I was just thinking the same. The roster is about 70 now excluding the part timers. They could easily fill it and still have room for a few legends.

I'd rather see the likes of Diesel and Roddy Piper instead of the likes of Road Dogg and Booker T. With a 30 man we'll get the latter. We see them loads throughout the year as it is. 40 allows those extra legend spots for actual surprises.

As for surprise combatants, id like to see guys I havent seen in a while. When Honkey Tonk Man strolled out in 2001 I marked out, it was truely a great set piece.

This year Id mark out for the following

AJ Styles : Probably wont happen
    Iron Sheik : Would be hilarious but wont happen
    Jake Roberts : Dont think he will get near it, realisticly.
    John Morrison : Its possible. Doubt it will come through
    MVP : Again is possible
    Shelton Benjamin : Same as above

Im expecting RVD, Booker T, Billy Gunn! meeh

We might Get Dvon too but i wouldnt care if he strolled out

Id like to have seen Matt Hardy or Kurt Angle in previous years but I wouldnt like them now.

Very well done.

• Advertisement

#1 and #2 should be The Miz and Kofi Kingston.

Ridley wrote: »

#3 and #4 Dolph Ziggler and Fandango :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

HHH
    #30 should be Triple H :pac:

Alberto Del Rio
    Id enjoy Bryan to be going strong after coming in at 8 or 9, cuts to HHH a few times looking worried. then its coming to spot 30 and its santino, Hunter tells him hes been cut and Hunter puts himself instead.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id enjoy Bryan to be going strong after coming in at 8 or 9, cuts to HHH a few times looking worried. then its coming to spot 30 and its santino, Hunter tells him hes been cut and Hunter puts himself instead.

My fantasy booking is that Bryan wins the Rumble and Triple H inserts himself into the Elimination Chamber to 'help' Orton win but becomes champ in the process.
    #3 and #4 Dolph Ziggler and Fandango

Del Rio for #5 with rest of the wheel of aggression taking up spots #6 through #10. Rumble writes itself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ridley wrote: »
    Were the original Mega Powers ever 1 & 2?
    Very well done.

Where was Kofi saying "I got absolutely no chance do I".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Roman Reigns
    Bryan is such an "obvious" choice it may not happen.

I'd like to see CM Punk win it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

someone from the title match: Cena or Orton
    Personally, I don't think Bryan will win. I have no faith in WWE to build him up properly any more.

But I would love to see him go coast to coast. Predictable does not mean bad, and I'd personally love to see it happen.

Must say though, this is the PPV I look forward to the most, and I adore the Rumble. Easily my favorite match of the year, even in it's weaker years. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Alberto Del Rio
    GTR63 wrote: »
    Were the original Mega Powers ever 1 & 2?

Demolition were 1 and 2 before. Fought each other and then teamed after the two minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Alberto Del Rio
    A decent amount of guys in the ring before the third SHIELD member gets there. They clear house. Some chump comes in. They destroy him and get rid. Cena comes in and eliminates all three of them.

What I would enjoy is a good wyatts vs shield spot just because the crowd ate it up when they did it on raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Alberto Del Rio
    cian68 wrote: »
    A decent amount of guys in the ring before the third SHIELD member gets there. They clear house. Some chump comes in. They destroy him and get rid. Cena comes in and eliminates all three of them.

Unfortunately I can see that happening. Remember when he did it with the New Nexus. They'd taken a load of guys, being led by Punk, then Cena comes in and throws them all out within the two minutes, all so they could do a bit of comedy with Cena and Hornswoggle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If wwe did the same thin they did last year with Bo Dallas, who from nxt would you like to see get a spot in the rumble or who do you think is most likely to get a spot?

Personally if love to see PAC get a shot, with the grounded nature of the rumble prob wouldn't be the best idea to have the man gravity forgot introduced... But if he did a big spot in the match would be a pretty memerable way to introduce a character.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

HHH
    Penn wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can see that happening. Remember when he did it with the New Nexus. They'd taken a load of guys, being led by Punk, then Cena comes in and throws them all out within the two minutes, all so they could do a bit of comedy with Cena and Hornswoggle.

Similar thing with Punk and Gallows????? eliminating loadsa people then HHH i think coming in and clearing house and eliminating punk

Alberto Del Rio
    I think Reigns will eliminate Rollins and then Ambrose will eliminate Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

That promo vid is gas!

Hahaha all I can think of is DDP's wife in 40 year old virgin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Surprise return: Sheamus, Jericho, RVD
    Undertaker to win would be a massive swerve. Would set up the main event for Wrestlemania and would be a cool way to end the streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I can see the same thing happening during the rumble as happened during mania when Bryan got beat in 18 seconds, if Bryan is eliminated. Would actually be funny if Bryan wasn't 1 or 2 and instead of the fans counting down they just chanted "Yes"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Roman Reigns
    cian68 wrote: »
    What I would enjoy is a good wyatts vs shield spot just because the crowd ate it up when they did it on raw.

This. IMO the Shield are the only thing that could make the Wyatts interesting so I'm surprised that the WWE are going to let the Shield end before doing it. Seemed like the obvious 6man tag for Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Roman Reigns
    Reigns will be eliminating at least 5 or 6 in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Alberto Del Rio
    Think its going to be like the year Vince won it, with it being Triple H. He probably will enter at #30 and eliminate maybe punk or bryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Alberto Del Rio
    Hope that either Bryan or Punk will win. Also think that Big E Langston will have a good showing.

Re : the Shield, I'm thinking that Ambrose will turn on Rollins and Reigns because of the visual of them after the TLC match. Ambrose was laid out after the spear and the other two were talking to each other and not checking on him - Rollins was even checking on Reigns' eye. Plus they could spin it as Rollins and Reigns were tag champions together and are closer with each other than they are with Ambrose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement