Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Royal Rumble 2014 Pre Show Thread *use spoiler tags for surprise entrants*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CM Punk pouring a drink on the curb for the other 29 superstars is a great touch:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

If you're hoping to see Wade Barrett in the Rumble, then I'm afraid I got some bad news for you :D

https://twitter.com/WadeBarrett/status/426822650137026560

(don't know how to insert a twitter screenshot so there's the link)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

As mentioned already, Kane is in line to overtake HBK's record for most eliminations. Personally I'd rather so the old school Kane gimmick break the record. Not sure if this has been suggested already but I'd love to see Kane (in his current persona) come out and clean house, getting the record plugged by the commentators etc and then just as he's about to break the record he gets thrown over the top rope leading to a fued between that superstar and Kane/Authority into EC and WM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Brock Lesnar
    As mentioned already, Kane is in line to overtake HBK's record for most eliminations. Personally I'd rather so the old school Kane gimmick break the record. Not sure if this has been suggested already but I'd love to see Kane (in his current persona) come out and clean house, getting the record plugged by the commentators etc and then just as he's about to break the record he gets thrown over the top rope leading to a fued between that superstar and Kane/Authority into EC and WM.

Isnt he only two behind or something? Would hardly be cleaning house if he can only eliminate one first.

Personally, I wouldnt waste a spot on Kane. He hasnt wrestled in months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Only two required? Well that puts a swift end to that idea then!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

HHH
    Dolph Ziggler said on Twitter that he’s been at the gym working out, which suggests that he’s been cleared for physical exertion following his recent concussion.

– Chris Jericho, notorious for teasing his fans about rumored WWE returns, has dropped a hint about an appearance at the Royal Rumble. He wrote on Twitter:
    Headed to Pittsburgh to rock the World Of Wheels at Lawrence Convention Center TODAY from 12-3pm! Let's get ready to rumble Jerichoholics!

Posters/Mods

Ok it is Royal Rumble day. Thread is marked spoilers I know but Royal Rumble surprises are SPOILERS for people.So:

Are spoiler tags necessary/needed/wanted for those lads?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Alberto Del Rio
    rovert wrote: »
    Posters/Mods

Ok it is Royal Rumble day. Thread is marked spoilers I know but Royal Rumble surprises are SPOILERS for people.So:

Are spoiler tags necessary/needed/wanted for those lads?

I think that would be the considerate thing to do. Honestly wouldn't expect mod action taken against someone who didn't especially as you say seing as it has spoilers in the title but yeah id say most would come into a PPV thread before it starts not expecting spoilers and would at least like the option to decide if they want to know that or not hense the spoiler tags would be appreciated... good shout rovert

I ask this because:
    Take this for whatever it's worth but the newly black dyed hair Kevin Nash is staying at the WWE hotel for the Royal Rumble in Pittsburgh, PA. Nash checked in there tonight.

I hope he doesn't get another text message from Hunter.

Seriously BH there's different tiers of spoiler I feel. The reddit/Dolphin guy for example too. Not suggesting separate threads but rules of engagement CLEARLY STATED I think are needed for both our casual fan friends and the hardcores.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Alberto Del Rio
    rovert wrote: »
    I ask this because:
    Take this for whatever it's worth but the newly black dyed hair Kevin Nash is staying at the WWE hotel for the Royal Rumble in Pittsburgh, PA. Nash checked in there tonight.

I hope he doesn't get another text message from Hunter.

Seriously BH there's different tiers of spoiler I feel. The reddit/Dolphin guy for example too. Not suggesting separate threads but rules of engagement CLEARLY STATED I think are needed for both our casual fan friends and the hardcores.

maybe I worded it weirdly or you thought I was being sarcastic or something but I honestly agreed with you... nobody will go back and check the OP so i know thats a waste of time but ill see if something can fit in the thread title if you want it clearly states, otherwise our posts here on the subject are as clealy stated as itl get im afraid.

• Advertisement

Brock Lesnar
    Only two required? Well that puts a swift end to that idea then!

According to Wiki, 1 will tie it, 2 will give him the record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

HHH
    Can we expect
    Sheamus
    to be in tonight's Rumble then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Any chance of an NXT entrant this year? Even after no one gave a **** about Bo Dallas.

Wouldn't mind seeing Tyler Breeze or Sami Zayn make an appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Roman Reigns
    I've tried to get through to a human in UPC today to order the ppv but having no luck. Anyone know how? I'm surprised it can't be ordered online at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

After much consideration and going back and forward on it, I've ordered the event. I'm cautiously optimistic of a good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

How much does this cost on sky and do you need your sky box hooked up to the phone to order it through the guide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Alberto Del Rio
    I've tried to get through to a human in UPC today to order the ppv but having no luck. Anyone know how? I'm surprised it can't be ordered online at this stage.

It's a pain in the arse alright, your best bet is to contact the technical department (the only one open on a Sunday) and they will sort it for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Roman Reigns
    I only use the telly for th Xbox, never watch anything on cable, use the internet to catch the lot - is there anyway for me to order it, or am I streaming from the Internet's dark alleys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Roman Reigns
    I got through to UPC by reporting a fault. The fault being that there was no way to order the ppv any other way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Anybody else up at 6 tomorrow and wondering is it worth the sleep after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Alberto Del Rio
    Is the Rumble the first match? :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

HHH

No either last or second last.

Alberto Del Rio
    Loughc wrote: »

It should be the last match, that will probably be Orton Cena though.

Brock Lesnar
    Loughc wrote: »

I reckon it's last. Orton looks like retaining meaning a babyface probably wins the Rumble to end the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Roman Reigns
    It should be the last match, that will probably be Orton Cena though.

The Orton and Cena match has got zero heat though so can't see that closing a show, and to be fair the angle has rarely been the main focus of raw so I assume even the powers in charge know this.

The Rumble should be closing hopefully

• Advertisement

HHH
    I think I'm looking forward to Lesnar/Show more than the Rumble match.

As for the Rumble match itself, out of the 22 guys announced so far, seems like there are only 3 guys who can realistically win it (Batista, Punk, Del Rio), so hoping Bryan,
    Sheamus
    , and the Orton/Cena loser also enter.

Also seems that 13 out of the 22 confirmed so far are tag-team wrestlers, that's not even including Ryback/Axel, Los Matadores, or the New Age Outlaws who may or may not enter. Seems like a high number of participants will be made up of tag-teams.

HHH
    Anybody else up at 6 tomorrow and wondering is it worth the sleep after?

I would go to bed now, get up between midnight at 1am, and just stay up right through until Monday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ok. think I'll stay off this forum now until I get it watched tomorrow so I avoid any accidental spoilers or temtation to read spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Roman Reigns
    I really want to be excited about this but the card is lame and if the Rumble has the obvious winner then that will be lame too.

Hopefully the crowd start enough Bryan chants to keep our spirits up.

Brock Lesnar
    Charisteas wrote: »
    I think I'm looking forward to Lesnar/Show more than the Rumble match.

As for the Rumble match itself, out of the 22 guys announced so far, seems like there are only 3 guys who can realistically win it (Batista, Punk, Del Rio), so hoping Bryan,
    Sheamus
    , and the Orton/Cena loser also enter.

Also seems that 13 out of the 22 confirmed so far are tag-team wrestlers, that's not even including Ryback/Axel, Los Matadores, or the New Age Outlaws who may or may not enter. Seems like a high number of participants will be made up of tag-teams.

Is it not only 20 announced?

• Advertisement

Roman Reigns
    My friend just rang me -

"Just so you are even more annoyed later tonight, remember when Batista went on the rant about Bryan when he won the WHC with the cash in?".

I hate Batista.

HHH
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Is it not only 20 announced?

Wikipedia has 20 officially announced, but I watched Smackdown this morning and
    Cesaro
    cuts a promo (
    in half German and half English, so not sure if it was for the German only feed
    ) and then argues with
    Swagger
    about who's going to win the Rumble, before being interrupted by
    Seb Coulter
    . Those two are not on Wikipedia's list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Alberto Del Rio
    Are Lesnar and Daniel Bryan in the rumble match too?

Alberto Del Rio
    Bryan probably is, doubt Lesnar is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Alberto Del Rio

Should be last as the main event

Brock Lesnar
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are Lesnar and Daniel Bryan in the rumble match too?

Not as of now at least. Think the only double duty is for the guys in the pre-show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Alberto Del Rio
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    IMHO, WWE would be stupid not to let D Bryan win the rumble and have his epic WM moment winning the world title, the guy is so over

Oh it be such a downer as no one gives a damn about Batista. IF Bryan was 6ft 6 and steroid up to the gills, we know he's pretty much be dead on cert for the RR win. Vince loves his body builders. Common Sense and WWE don't mix well sadly.

I think Batista is winning it if not then one of HHH's pet projects or work out buddies is winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

HHH
    My money would be on Punk. Rather he doesn't win, but you know yourself. A top guy within the company who has never won it.
    But thats what generally sucks about the Rumble. The final-4 always comes down to the usual suspects. Rarely do you get a suprising winner.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

someone from the title match: Cena or Orton
    Punk tweeted...

Be7wTzTCYAASyoj.jpg
    Here it is y'all, for your pointing/drinking game pleasure.

*Points*

Roman Reigns
    Mick Foley with the claim that he shall be throwing a brick through his television if Daniel Bryan does not win the Royal Rumble.

https://www.facebook.com/RealMickFoley/posts/766334540063353?stream_ref=10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Anyone know how to order this off UPC horizon? The customer care line is closed and can't find an other option to order it

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Anyone know how to order this off UPC horizon? The customer care line is closed and can't find an other option to order it
    Same as. I dont want to rely on stream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Wexler12 wrote: »
    Same as. I dont want to rely on stream

I know yeah....UPC is a terrible service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Roman Reigns
    Punk tweeted...

Be7wTzTCYAASyoj.jpg
    Here it is y'all, for your pointing/drinking game pleasure.

*Points*

Drinking game?

Between now and Mania, take a drink every time someone points at the Wrestlemania sign...

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Could someone PM me a streaming link for this?

Alberto Del Rio
    Check the r/SC thread, it should be put up about half 12.

Inspiring. Going to 743 on Sky, which the show is on later, is asking me to buy Survivor Series :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SteveWold

Be happy enough with Brock throwing Show around like it's 2002 again,a Hogan return and a Batista win.Would also be great if Punk was immediately eliminated by whoever number 2 is.

I'd love Bryan to win but refuse to get my hopes up and have him not winning ruin my Rumble enjoyment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

Roman Reigns
    I'm not a fan of Punk in the Rumble. He ruined two Rumbles for me, the first by spending ten to fifteen minutes giving a promo and the second by that stupid new-Nexus crap he was doing at the time. I'd be totally behind him getting eliminated early just because of that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement