Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There's a storm a' comin'

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

.. A driver's licence is not a right, it's something you (should) earn, and carries a number of responsibilities with it.
    Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

That's a hell of a high horse you got Mister, hoping you never fall off :P

No chance. She is too good at always monitoring the environment around her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

My guess is that the motor insurance companies may take a similar view: the drivers should have known better. Each claimant will have to argue their case on its own merits, and it may turn out that the insurance company thinks they were negligent and did not act responsibly.

Someone mentioned YouTube earlier:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

West of City. House really shook with that thunder and lightning very bright and back to back. Electricty went out for a min too and now the hail. Ooh err!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Dog is freaking out with the thunder. Everything keeps flickering on and off. Wondering if I should plug out the TV and electrics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Dog is freaking out with the thunder. Everything keeps flickering on and off. Wondering if I should plug out the TV and electrics

Yeah I was worried as my TV flashed during that. I'd hope any new TV has protection built in but I was on the verge of pulling the plug at that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Tomorrow evening will be windy, a deep depression of 930 off the north of Ireland, heading north easterly.

The next low looks like it could have more of an impact if it hits Galway straight on next Thurs/Fri.
    Tie down the wheelie bins...and charge the torch batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

newkie wrote: »
    I'd hope any new TV has protection built in but I was on the verge of pulling the plug at that moment.

They don't have protection for such power huge power surges, in weather like this plug out power and especially signal (aerial or dish) to prevent surges travelling down the cable and damaging equipment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Phone lines to UCHG out possibly due to lightning strike..

http://www.galwaybayfm.ie/component/k2/item/3792-phone-lines-out-at-galway-hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Those cars in that video are wrecked, salt water is deadly for corrosion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Phone lines definitely got a hammering, had to replace a fried router earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Iwannahurl wrote: »

Jeez I think it's madness to drive right into that oncoming water?! Why on earth?

Crazily dark cloud over ballybrit area this eve, combo of thunder, lightening and hailstones all day. Relieved I got home, have a few friends who gave booked ferries and are less likely to have a smooth cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Jeez I think it's madness to drive right into that oncoming water?! Why on earth?

Crazily dark cloud over ballybrit area this eve, combo of thunder, lightening and hailstones all day. Relieved I got home, have a few friends who gave booked ferries and are less likely to have a smooth cross.

Some ferries have been cancelled for tomorrow. Tell them to check before travelling to the port. They are usually a pretty terrible spot to be stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

well..... at least we all have our (christmas) candles at the ready should a power out occur - just hopefully not when all the turkeys are in the oven, or it will be a cold starter christmas. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

High tide at 9pm. 4.19m
    Salthill will be exciting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement