Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how does this price sound?

Options
  • 18-12-2013 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

In a Pre wired house,

What should I expect to pay for

HKC 10/70 panel with keypad
    int + Ext Siren
    4 open/close contact
    10 pir

I'm getting prices from 750e to 1300e so any advice appreciated!
    I don't know how much this work should cost, obviously 750e is attractive but will the work be done properly?

Is there any particular type/brand PIR I should check is being installed?

thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Quick question. If it's prewired why are you going for a trap system using PiRs. Covering all the perimeter would be my priority over all those PiRs. Remember, someone has to be actually in the house before these will activate. By then the damage is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

Hi,

The house is built and the wires are in place, I didn't know about alarming at the perimeter v's PIR's during construction. I just put the wires in during 1st fix electric to have them there. Nothing I can do about it now. the system I have set up suits me. If I need perimeter I have been told that alarming the windows via wireless is an option if I use the the HKC hybrid panel.

Any advice re price for this set up or maybe the type/brand PIR's I should get is appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any global PiRs would be fine. If they are in an area with lots of glass then use duel tec PiR s. My choice would be Pyronix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brettser14

You could install a Siemens system and install wireless break glass units in areas you want covered in addition to what you've already mentioned .or you could the hkc and use any spare wires or common across the 12volts from pirs and either use spare pair in pir cable and/or put in series with alarm loop in pir.not ideal but possible solution

Advertisement