Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Student Let

Options
  • 18-12-2013 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, my daughter studying at Dit Aungier St and her pals who are studying at UCD are planning on leaving campus accomodation and renting a place next year. Where would a reasonable midway point be between the two colleges that would provide best transport links to same? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I wouldnt put affordable and dublin in the same sentence at the moment. There is a massive shortage of rental properties in Dublin all year round now. And I imagine it will be a case of where you can find accommodation for your daughter. With a bus ticket being €100 for 30 days, I imagine the best option is your daughters friends in UCD, living near UCD and your daughter living in the CC for DIT. There is no point both sets of students paying for expensive buses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Why wouldn't they cycle? Still free, once you buy the bike :-)

Ranelagh/Rathmines areas probably give easy access to both. Could easily walk to Aungier St from Rathmines. Clonskea is nearer to UCD, and walkable. Cycling, you have a lot more choice as you can cycle further than you can walk - an hour's walk for me is 15 minutes on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Marn02

I'm in the same position and wondering if you had any luck with finding a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Rathmines/Ranelagh has loads of places for students and there's a good mix of Trinity, UCD and DIT. I live in that general area (Portobello) and it takes me 10 minutes tops to walk to DIT Aungier St. Still a good bit away from UCD but there are plenty of buses. Cycling is always an option. Definitely check rent.ie and daft.ie. If you know anyone in TCD, get them to check the noticeboard which is always being updated with accommodation lets.

Advertisement