Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have to live in Ireland to open an account with Bank of Ireland? If not, can I s

Options
  • 18-12-2013 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I had an account with Bank of Ireland when I studied abroad there two years ago, but have since lost my online banking ID and have no idea whether my account is even open. Can I retrieve this information or open a new account without making a long-distance call from the US? Can I even open an account if I no longer live there? I am returning to visit next month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Iannan23

Thank you for your post.

It is possible the account may still be active for you. It will be necessary to call Bank of Ireland 365 from abroad on 0035314044000. A representative can certainly check the status of your account.

Representative assisted hours are 8am-12midnight Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank/Public holidays.

If the account is closed, while you are visiting, you can contact a branch of your choice and arrange an appointment with a Customer Advisor to discuss the opening of a new account.

Contact Details of our branches can be found here

If you have any further queries, please do let us know.

Thanks

Alison

Advertisement