Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs

Options
  • 18-12-2013 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi looking for advice on jobs in Canada.
    Have 6 years bar work behind me, wondering is it easy to get bar, restaurent,cafe jos particularly in Calgary? Are there a lot of jobs going in this area? What are the wages and tips like? Also is it possible to jump into other kinds of work without any experience at all. If so what jobs would they be?
    Thanks very much in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭pilgrim pat

you will have more luck if you go onto irish in calgary :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Why Calgary? If you gonna work in a bar then why brave the terrible weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rllisctsy

Hi EireCelt I'm thinking of heading to Calgary too, I've 4 years experience working in the bar environment but also have experience in retail. I only wish I was heading to Calgary with a trade behind me as there seems to be more opportunities for carpenters and mechanics etc. Is there anyone else that has experience in this line of work. Is there anyone out there with any such experience as any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

In general bars in Canada have alot more on offer than the regular Diaego fodder on offer in Ireland so get to know your beer to improve your chances!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michelleb1985

Hey there are a fair few Canada jobs in the hospitality sector through USIT - don't seem to need an IEC visa either if you qualify for the Young Professionals programme: https://www.usit.ie/jobs/canada

• Advertisement
Advertisement