Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get music off my ipod for free

Options
  • 18-12-2013 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

HI,
    So I though I lost my ipod (and its 50 GB of music), 4 years ago! Anyway, I found it recently, delighted. But I want to get my music off it. I know there's an ipod rip/idump programme that does it for free. Can anyone tell me what it is?

I spend hours last night looking for it, and though they all claim to be free, they arent. And they always require you to register and all this stuff after you download it.

I thought I had it cracked with senuti, but it seems to malfunction everytime I try to transfer the music ( i got a code off youtube for that one).

So if anyone has experience of a free one, please tell me what it is. AND NOT ONE OF THOSE THAT REQUIRE UPGRADE/REGISTRATION etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

wonder1 wrote: »
    HI,
    So I though I lost my ipod (and its 50 GB of music), 4 years ago! Anyway, I found it recently, delighted. But I want to get my music off it. I know there's an ipod rip/idump programme that does it for free. Can anyone tell me what it is?

I spend hours last night looking for it, and though they all claim to be free, they arent. And they always require you to register and all this stuff after you download it.

I thought I had it cracked with senuti, but it seems to malfunction everytime I try to transfer the music ( i got a code off youtube for that one).

So if anyone has experience of a free one, please tell me what it is. AND NOT ONE OF THOSE THAT REQUIRE UPGRADE/REGISTRATION etc.

Thanks

I've no experience with iPods so forgive the possible stupidity of the following: iTunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 wonder1

No, itunes is not the best solution.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

mordeith wrote: »
    I've no experience with iPods so forgive the possible stupidity of the following: iTunes?

ITunes doesn't sync music off the ipod. There is a program Sharepod, it used to be free but it now costs money. Look online for the free older version may work for you.
    Another way to do it is through Windows Explorer. Apple deliberately obfuscates mp3 file names to make it seem like the songs are encrypted, but in actual fact the song info is still there except associated with the id tags on the MP3.
    In Windows Explorer enable Show Hidden Files and Folders. Plug in the ipod and enable disk mode. You will see a hidden "Ipod Control" folder from memory here with loads of sub folders. In explorer to a search for *.mp3 in this ipod_control folder. This will list all mp3s on the ipod. Do the same for other formats like *.aac. Copy the listed files to a folder on your computer.
    You can then use Mp3Tag to convert "Tag to Filename" in bulk for all mp3s. This is what I did when I had an ipod. *Note this may not work on all ipods and definitely not if you use Mac

Nick

Mod Note: Please do not discuss cracked software

Advertisement