If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-Fi system(All in one type)

Options
  • 18-12-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Wonder if you can help?

Im looking at buying a new midi hifi. I want one with Internet/Dab radio, CD player, Usb, Bluetooth and hopefully a docking station for I phone.

Was looking at this model of Sony - CMTMX750NI. I done a quick search and a thread from 2011 says its not available to you. Maybe now? Seems to tick all my boxes.

Also on your site im looking at the Pioneer - XC-P01DAB? Would be willing to leave the docking station alone for the features available on this one. Is it recommended?

Any help is appreciated. Its my Christmas present to ME!!

Thanks

G.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Hi,
    Wonder if you can help?

Im looking at buying a new midi hifi. I want one with Internet/Dab radio, CD player, Usb, Bluetooth and hopefully a docking station for I phone.

Was looking at this model of Sony - CMTMX750NI. I done a quick search and a thread from 2011 says its not available to you. Maybe now? Seems to tick all my boxes.

Also on your site im looking at the Pioneer - XC-P01DAB? Would be willing to leave the docking station alone for the features available on this one. Is it recommended?

Any help is appreciated. Its my Christmas present to ME!!

Thanks

G.
    Ken,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

That Pioneer P01 is a really excellent system but its not networkable ( you can play internet radio via the partnered Harman Karmon BTA10 and your phone / pad no problem) and you can dock you phone via the USB input of course - at £399.95 its an excellent deal.

The best system that does pretty much everything is the Marantz MCR610 / BTA10 at £499.95 - it has CD / Bluetooth / DAB / Internet radio / Apple Airplay and DLNA connectivity and again it has a high quality USB input for your mobile or pad. http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hi-fi/marantz/mcr610-melody-media/mara-mcr610-blk

Another option that sounds great is the Teac CRH700DAB at £319.95 - easily the cheapest option but far from the most basic as it has huge connectivity http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hi-fi/teac/crh700dab/teac-crh700dab-blk add the BTA10 and its still just £369.90!

Go on  you deserve a nice Christmas pressie from your biggest admirer :p 

Keep me posted,

Joh Mc & Crew

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Thanks John,

I think I posted the wrong Pioneer. It was the XCHM51DAB & Q2020I speakers one I meant to enquire about!.
    Anyhow I reckon that it doesn't cover the network play too.

So I reckon I might have to run with the TEAC. You will have to excuse me on this as I'm not up with the tech side of all this. Do I need the BTA10 to for this to work the DLNA/Internet radio or do I have to connect the phone to it also. I just want to run the unit without having to add a phone or anything else to it really. Turn it on and go I suppose.

Also, I see it doesn't come with speakers, do you have a package deal for everything in need to get me up running basically.
    It will probably end above my budget, I do admire myself but unfortunately she doesn't!;)

So it may have to wait until the end of January before I can buy.

Thanks

G. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi G, cheers for the reply !

The Teac does not require the BTA10 to operate on the wifi side of things. It has wifi on board and assuming you have a wifi signal where the unit is going, you can play direct to the unit using ipod, pc, nas drive etc. Internet radio is also available.

The BTA is handy if you have an android device as it makes playback from it a little easier, instead of having to us a UPNP / DLNA player app on the phone, but the choice is yours.

We don't have any specific bundle deals on that unit as the price on it is really competitive but I would suggest looking at the Dali Zensor 3's if you really want to make it shine.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/dali/zensor-3/dali-zensor-3-blk

We can do the Teac with the Dalis at £579, normally £632 including delivery.

Hope that helps but keep us posted if we can help any further.

Merry Chriistmas !

Dave

Hi again,

I'm just about ready to buy. Please could I get a euro price (delivery to Dublin) for the black Marantz M-CR610 & Q2020I graphite black speakers, about 5m of speaker cable and wall mounted stands for the speakers if such a thing is available.

If I can pull all that together for approx. 700 euro I am good to go! I am being a little cheeky here but I wasn't planning on spending anything like that when I first posted here, you guys are good sales people hehe!

Also, does the M-CR610 have an input for phono?

Hi Ken, cheers for the update !

Just on the input question, it does not have a phono input, it's a line input only. Your turntable would need to have a pre amp built in or you would need an external one if you wanted to use a turntable.

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hi-fi-system-deals/pah011416

Unfortunately with the speaker cable and wall brackets, it's going to work out at £629.92 which would come to 778 Euro including delivery.

With the system deal that we have, we just don't have the margin to be able to offer all of that for 700 Euro.

I know this is more than you wanted to spend but it's a seriously good system.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply Dave,

Ok, take the wall stands out of the price as I don't really need them and I can get them later if needed. So, yes you have a deal.
    Just let me know what the new price is and I'll ring you tomorrow morning with my details.( If that is the norm)?

I must be mad but I'm looking forward to getting this set up.

Thanks 

Gav.

Hi Gav.

The price without the brackets would be £600.44 / 741 Euro.

If you want to PM me a contact number I can call you or give me a call anytime after 10:00 tomorrow on 0044 333 900 0070 and select option 2.

Many thanks

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.