Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Visa Debit Charge Back querie

Options
  • 18-12-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I purchased a product online from a business in the USA, using my BOI Visa Debit Card.

I have received it and attempted to use it as described, except there have been numerous issues. This has gone so far as replacement parts being sent, but more issues arising on an ongoing basis.

I am in discussion with the business, attempting to come to a satisfactory resolution (refund ideally) but I fear this may not be possible.

I was wondering if it possible to file a transaction dispute through BOI, if I have the relevant information (proof of return postage, payment information, etc)

Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi alexlyons

Thank you for your post.

You can download and complete the form here and post to the address also printed on the form.

Along with the relevant information you have mentioned above, we would also ask you to attach all correspondence you have made with this company or the correspondence received from the company in relation to your dispute with them. You can attach a cover letter advising your request for a full refund.

Once the form is received, Bank of Ireland will attempt to resolve this dispute on your behalf.

If you have any further queries, please do let us know.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Thanks for the quick reply, great to see this sort of service!

When you say that you will attempt to resolve this dispute on my behalf, what steps are taken?

How likely is it that I will get my money back, and how long does this process take.

I appreciate you may not have exact details, but rough estimates based on previous experience is all I would expect.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi alexlyons

Our Visa Chargeback Department will liaise with the company on your behalf. 

As the team investigate on a case to case basis, it is difficult to provide a general time frame for you. They attempt to resolve or update the customer within 45-60 days of receiving the dispute form.

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thanks

Alison

Advertisement