Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky broadband via netopia router

Options
  • 18-12-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi recently switched to sky bb from eircom. The sky hub was never sent out (I've found out after multiple calls to see where it was) I'm now without internet for passed week and going insane. Is there a way I can use my netopia router for sky? It's the older grey model. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Hi recently switched to sky bb from eircom. The sky hub was never sent out (I've found out after multiple calls to see where it was) I'm now without internet for passed week and going insane. Is there a way I can use my netopia router for sky? It's the older grey model. Thanks in advance
    Yes but you need to ring and find out your DSL username and password. Once you have this, login to your Eircom router at 192.168.1.254 (password is broadband1) and update it from here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sky only let you use their own router afaik, so it probably won't work. If the login details for the dsl are not user specific you may be able to find the generic ones online

Nick

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod: There is already a post regarding this in the Broadband forum. Please don't cross post. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement