Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMFM (Save My Football Manager.)

Options
  • 18-12-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hey everyone.

I'm currently playing FM 2011. I've a game thats in 2024 that a lot of blood sweat and tears have gone into, (currently sitting mid-Championship after taking Redditch United from Blue Square North) however it looks like my laptop is going to give up on me anyday now.

How do I save the save files to a hard drive?? I'm not IT minded at all but I've managed to save my music so not really worried about anything other than this game!

I might just restore the system to factory settings to see if that helps. If I do and redownload Steam will FM still be there??

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Copy your entire Sports Interactive folder onto the hard drive. This will include all your preferences you might have changed.

You will need to redownload Steam. And so long as you sign into your account you will see an option to redownload FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Cheers, will that work even though I used the disk to install it first.

The disk is at home in the mammys house on the other side of the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Look in My Documents, Sports Interactive>FM2011>games

That's where your savefile is, make a copy of it, save it on an external.

Advertisement