Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zelda....kinda (Hyrule Warriors)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I don't think Nintendo have sold their soul. I do think it's sad that they have had to resort to this tho. I love Nintendo, and Zelda is a franchise they have typically held very close to their hearts. It saddens me that it's gotten to the point where they've had to relinquish that because of the lack of 3rd party games and the underwhelming sales of the console.

I have no idea why the console isn't selling well, it can't be just the lack of 3rd party games because there really are a good few great games on it. I hope this console is just gonna be a slow burner and not another Dreamcast :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

I don't think Nintendo have sold their soul. I do think it's sad that they have had to resort to this tho. I love Nintendo, and Zelda is a franchise they have typically held very close to their hearts. It saddens me that it's gotten to the point where they've had to relinquish that because of the lack of 3rd party games and the underwhelming sales of the console.

I don't get any of this. This is hardly the first time Nintendo have given the Zelda franchise to a 3rd party to develop for?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I haven't played Dynasty Warriors but I remember seeing a screenshot of it on the Amiga way back. At least I think that's what it was - 2 dudes on horseback, side scrolling beat-em up?

Anyway.... that trailer looks awful graphically, but the idea of a Zelda themed brawl-em-up with giant f-off Bosses charging into the mix is not so bad. There were Hyrulean soldiers on the field - do you have some sort of rudimentary command structure for tactical play? It made me think of a more arcadey Mount and Blade... and that would be quite a good thing if handled well, especially if Epona shows up down the line. There's plenty of scope for an epic story bringing the Zora, Goron, Deku, Sheikah etc peoples together for a massive clash with evil, letting you play as leaders of each race, throw in Zelda/Sheik... Is there an overworld of any kind?

For those who are worried, who would have thought that Pokémon and Nobunaga's Ambition would mix? I didn't even know what a Nobunaga was, and that game was fripping brilliant. Let's all relax, assume Nintendo will be very precious about one of their prime properties and see what happens...?

Daith wrote: »
    I don't get any of this. This is hardly the first time Nintendo have given the Zelda franchise to a 3rd party to develop for?

It's the second. They had a very close relationship with Capcom for a good while, they did a bunch of the handheld versions. Since Phantom Hourglass tho it's been all Nintendo only. No idea if they had a falling out or if they just wanted to take it back in house.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's the second. They had a very close relationship with Capcom for a good while, they did a bunch of the handheld versions. Since Phantom Hourglass tho it's been all Nintendo only. No idea if they had a falling out or if they just wanted to take it back in house.

Have you never heard of the Philips CDi or are you just pretending it doesn't exist? :pac:

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Have you never heard of the Philips CDi or are you just pretending it doesn't exist? :pac:

I have no idea what that is. I have searched it on Google and am now even more confused than before.

A bit more digging and I've found what your talking about.

I don't know if their existence contradicts my original point that Nintendo typically hold the Zelda IP close to them since Phillips only acquired the rights through a settlement over the whole cd player thing.

Master of the Universe

I have no idea what that is. I have searched it on Google and am now even more confused than before.

Enjoy experiencing the horror for the first time

Master of the Universe

A bit more digging and I've found what your talking about.

I don't know if their existence contradicts my original point that Nintendo typically hold the Zelda IP close to them since Phillips only acquired the rights through a settlement over the whole cd player thing.

I was just pointing out that this new game isn't only 'the second' time they gave Zelda to a third party developer as you stated - there were 3 games on the CDi.

All of which are legendary for how utterly awful they are.

I was just pointing out that this new game isn't only 'the second' time they gave Zelda to a third party developer as you stated - there were 3 games on the CDi.

Ah, fair enough. I got confused and thought it was you that posted what Daith posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Also Link was in Soul Calibur II on Cube

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Minish Cap was excellent. Proof that third parties can make a good Zelda game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Dynasty Warriors Empire titles add something extra, with a Risk style game in there as you win territory.
    I don't think this is instantly going to stink tbh.
    I'm happy to give it a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Promethean

Yeah cant say I'm too happy about the mash-up, played DW before and thought it was just a hack n slash crock, hope this doesn't make up part of the official story line, kind of looks like seems like cheap use of the franchise to help with dismal wii-u sales, wish they would make a majora's mask sequel/remake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This seems to the the only Hyrule Warriors thread I can find here. Now that it has been out for a month, what's the verdict? Reviews are a pretty solid 7/8 out of 10....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I bet the main story mode few days ago but not having touched the adventure mode I can say it was a fun game , a solid 8/10

Its repetItive but so satisfying , The only DW esque games I have played were the one piece pirate warrior game.

If you are a zelda fan you might find enjoyment here playing as your fav zelda characters and mowing down thousands of enemies is quite enjoyable.

You can get it for 45 euros now new but if you feel you do not want to pay that much , def buy it when prices drop

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The game is seeing a LOT of play in our house, and most of it co-op. Great fun, and adventure mode is quite challenging! Haven't even started into the Master Quest Adventure Mode yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i unlock ruto little help from youtube for hyrule warriors
    watch this link youtube and you unlock her too
    i unlock Ghirahim - Hyrule Warriors little help from youtube for hyrule warriors
    watch this link youtube and you unlock him too

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got this last week for €43 in Argos and I'm having a lot of fun with it. The camera is a bit iffy but other than that, it's very satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

More details from the Twilight Princess DLC out next week. Already know we get Twili Midna as a new character, get 2 new costumes for Link and Zelda as the Postman and Ilia from TP. Zelda gets a new weapon (Dominion Rod) and there's a new adventure map, no real details on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

That looks dreadful and I am not saying this a person, who does not care about Zelda.

Dynasty warriors had a lot of characters, cool combat and variety, but no exploration and adventure.

Zelda has a lot of exploration and adventure elements, but just standard combat, no variety in character and fighting styles ( not including specific items here)

So they took worst parts of both games and fused them. This is bad and by the looks of it a try to jump a more action bandwagon, that most developers gone With lately. Huge mistake.

its only zelda spin off that suppose give us pleasure while we wait for real zelda game on wiiu, and ive unlock zant the last character to unlock until dlc bring out more

Advertisement