Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOG GROOMING IN GALWAY

Options
  • 18-12-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've read over old posts but after some calls I'm looking for something more up to date.

I've been to a couple of dog groomers but no one that has overly impressed. So I'm seeking a new dog groomer in Galway, preferably in the city or out the headford road side? One that also does the gland expression, I find most don't. Any recommendations and indications on price welcome. Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 missfemale

Tail wagglers in oranmore are very good!! They the best groomers I've brought my dog to in Galway ask for the polish girl she's amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

vinnyryan wrote: »
    Hi All,

One that also does the gland expression, I find most don't.

Most don't because they're not supposed to express anal glands. Not internally anyway. I have known a few groomers that have ruptured anal glands.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinnyryan

missfemale wrote: »
    Tail wagglers in oranmore are very good!! They the best groomers I've brought my dog to in Galway ask for the polish girl she's amazing

Thanks for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinnyryan

Irishchick wrote: »
    Most don't because they're not supposed to express anal glands. Not internally anyway. I have known a few groomers that have ruptured anal glands.

Thanks for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cbd18

I recently took my husky to the grooming studio at Pet Mania and was very happy - the groomers were really nice and seemed to love the dogs. Since she's a husky I hardly ever get her a full groom so just a wash and dry and I was pleased with the result and the price. There is a groomer in Barna, I saw on her website she does gland expression for an extra fee but I've never used them (called them to make an appointment and was told I'd get a call back but never did). I'd highly recommend the grooming studio at Pet Mania I'll definitely use them again next time my dog needs to get groomed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Can anyone recommend a groomer for 6 month old pups? in the east of Galway City, Clarinbridge, Kinvara area?

Medium sized dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cbd18

I used the grooming studio at Petmania in the retail park behind the g hotel. I took my husky there for a bath. I was really happy with them. When I went they had a special on as well and it was very good experience for both me and my dog.

Advertisement