Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time Masters - Business / Technology

Options
  • 18-12-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering does anyone have any experience of the part time Masters UCD offers in terms of business and technology? Was looking at the likes of an MBa but at close to €30k, its a little beyond the realm of reality for the moment.

Found the likes of Msc in Business Analytics and the MSc in iBusiness, but the course content seems a little flat or generalised.

Any input welcomed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

Found the likes of Msc in Business Analytics and the MSc in iBusiness, but the course content seems a little flat or generalised.

These programmes are distinct from each other. The MSc in Business Analytics is concerned with mathematical modelling for business applications and involves programming. The MSc in iBusiness is concerned with the strategic use of IT in business, so more concerned with the social and people management issues arising from the use of IT. So it is a question of what you want and what you like. There is no great problem getting a job from either for anyone who can do a decent interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Cheers for the info. It will be my second Masters, just finishing my M.Eng at present. Both sound really interesting however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

You could always go out into the real world and get a job :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

Cheers for the info. It will be my second Masters, just finishing my M.Eng at present.

Engineers make up the largest group of people on the MSc in Business Analytics, as it is also a form of applied mathematics, albeit in a different problem solving area.

This is some posters of the recent dissertations as an idea of what it is about
    http://mis.ucd.ie/research/theses/business-analytics-dissertations

Advertisement