Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve

Options
  • 10-12-2013 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am just wondering if there is anything special on in Galway for NYE??
    I know in Dublin there is a big festival..

I am looking to come to the city for the night!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Wondering the same, couple of mates coming over from the UK, they looking for suggestions, pubs, clubs ec

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As with most large town/cities some places has "tickets only" but otherwise it's more like if you're in the pub by 9/10pm you're ok.
    Galway isn't exactly hopping at NYE, a lot (incl me) go to house parties.

Did you have a particular place in mind? If it's not too cold Shop Street will be the place to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

biko wrote: »
    As with most large town/cities some places has "tickets only" but otherwise it's more like if you're in the pub by 9/10pm you're ok.
    Galway isn't exactly hopping at NYE, a lot (incl me) go to house parties.

Did you have a particular place in mind? If it's not too cold Shop Street will be the place to be :D

What happens on Shop St on NYE, is this a new event?:confused:

Nah, just people congregating at midnight. Good craic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

No there is not anything special.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back to NYE for a minute though, anyone know if there are fireworks or anything unusual planned? All the christmas hype for two months and no mention of New year happenings..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Completely off-topic posts removed.

Most of the bigger pubs and clubs have websites so keep an eye on those too.
    www.halonightclub.com
    www.thekingshead.ie
    etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lulavenus

Hi, me and my friend are coming to Galway for 3 nights over New Years Eve. We're from Belfast and have had some fab times in Galway before, but we figured we'd like to plan where we'll go on New Years Eve. We're 28, so not looking for a nightclub full of teenagers. Just a great bar or somewhere to have a good time that doesn't play mindless pop music all night (indie/rock/traditional is all good) Any suggestions? Most places in Belfast require tickets so I figured I had better ask in advance! Thanks :)

It sounds like Roisin Dubh is your man.
    Not as mainstream as the other places and good music to boot.
    http://www.roisindubh.net/news/new-year-s-eve.html
    New Year's Eve with KORMAC'S BIG BAND, DAITHÍ & guests
    December 31st 2013. 8pm.
    €25/20 online. Limited number of early bird tickets for €15 - on sale Friday November 15th at 9am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^^^
    The recession must be well and truly over.
    The last time I saw a pub charging 25 quid on New Years was for the Millennium and that didn't exactly go to plan for most places.

^^^
    The recession must be well and truly over.
    The last time I saw a pub charging 25 quid on New Years was for the Millennium and that didn't exactly go to plan for most places.

Didnt go out much after the millennium i see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I'd love to go to a nice decent Fireworks Display for NYE, like the Millenium....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

the wife and I are planning on going to Galway for on the 31st and the 1st, we are just wondering is there much on in the city, we would be open to going to a comedy show or any theatre shows that are on, we checked some of the websites around but to be honest they are awful, and just thought I'd ask on here.

She's 7 months pregnant so whilst we do love the outdoorsy stuff on this occasion any strenuous activities or drinking will be a no-no.

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What pub would people suggest going to? I'd go to the Roisin but I'm not paying a cover charge. Feck that!

Larianne wrote: »
    What pub would people suggest going to? I'd go to the Roisin but I'm not paying a cover charge. Feck that!

I would assume the cover charge is for the gig on in the back, the rest of the pub will run as usual id guess.

Advertisement