Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ears still sore and itchy 5 days after piercing- is this normal?

• 18-12-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I got my ears pierced 5 days ago. They are still a little sore on a morning (after sleeping on them) and they sometimes itch a little (but turning the stud stops it).

It isn't a torture, and still more comfortable than clip-ons, but I'd expected them to be past that by now.

Is this normal or does it sound like i might have a metal sensitivity?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alannah Gallagher

Mine were like that for about 2 weeks.

Hold in there, it is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Don't twist them, I know they tell you to in places that use the gun, this twists bacteria into the hole. Just use a compress of saline solution, rock salt with cooled boiled water, keep it on the area and then dry it gently afterwards as well cause germs thrive in moist areas. You can gently loosen them a little then but don't twist them around if you get me. Don't overdo the cleaning, once or twice a day is enough. Any time you touch the area wash your hands before and after.

Hope they feel more comfortable soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Make sure you are using lots of surgical spirit and try to get it into the hole, not just on your lobes. As long as there is no infection-y looking stuff coming out of them, you should be fine.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

bathe your earlobes in salty water..

I used to fill an egg cup up with the solution and literally hold it up against my neck with each lobe resting in the water.. do that for a good 3 minutes on each ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

OP ear piercings take up to 8 weeks to heal. Where did you get them done and what is your ear jewellery made of? Do NOT use surgical spirits, a saline solution is what you need and should be made using sea salt and boiled water (allow to cool before putting on your ears). Pop over to the piercing forum, you should get some good advice there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Don't use regular salt whatever you do cos it's got all sorts in it, get a good sea salt, should be warm and no saltier than a tear. Over salting will irritate it. Soak a cotton ball and just hold it against/ around it for 10 min or so.

But it does sound like you are allergic to nickel. Are they hot/ red? Please say you didn't get pierced with a gun?

Advertisement