Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arriving in OZ early Jan, help plz

Options
  • 18-12-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Right I'm arriving in Sydney the start of Jan and I'm going to be staying with a friend of mine until I get a job and someplace to live sorted...

I need some help with a few things.

I don't have a bank account sorted, should i open one now or wait until I get there?

Also I need to get the white card for work, I have seen a few websites online but I don't know which are legit or dodge, should I sort that now or wait too?

I probably have about 7/8k Aussie dollars, that should be loads to cover me for a bit ya?

Where should I get my money changed over and should I change it over before I go or again wait until I'm over there.

Sorry for all the questions (and I prob will have more) but I have no one to ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

I did the white card online a couple of weeks ago with a crowd called narbil training, had to get the paperwork signed by a justice of the peace all in cost me 55bucks and took an hour and a half, however im 7hrs from Adelaide so nowhere to do the course in person, have heard of company's not accepting online white card courses.

I'm with nab bank and find them grand, great app for transfering money etc......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I setup my ANZ account from Ireland, and just picked up the card when i arrived. Was really easy, and very handy to have straight away.

Use CurrencyFair to transfer money across. Cheapest way to do it.

And 7k-8k is plenty to keep you going for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I done my white card course online a few months ago with White Card Online Express for $39 which was the cheapest I could find. Didn't need to get anything signed by the justice of the peace either.

+1 for NAB bank too.

Advertisement