Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen Extract Fan

• 18-12-2013 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to replace the fan in the kitchen extract hood? I turned it on this morning and it went bang. It was working fine all the time. It's a Delmore model.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

No you have to buy a whole new extractor unless you payed big money for it then the company might fix it. I have changed loads of them when you say bang you turned it on and their was a loud bang noise. If its the canopy one their easy enough to change take off covers including the one that holds the filters unscrew take off pipe and in with new one. The pull out ones try to get the same model then you wont have to go messing around fitting the door just pull out door, out with filters, clip on left or right releases the door off with that unscrew extractor from sides take pipe of keep the metal part on the door fit new extractor back on with door job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

No you have to buy a whole new extractor unless you payed big money for it then the company might fix it. I have changed loads of them when you say bang you turned it on and their was a loud bang noise. If its the canopy one their easy enough to change take off covers including the one that holds the filters unscrew take off pipe and in with new one. The pull out ones try to get the same model then you wont have to go messing around fitting the door just pull out door, out with filters, clip on left or right releases the door off with that unscrew extractor from sides take pipe of keep the metal part on the door fit new extractor back on with door job done.

Thanks Peter,

It's a built in one and to make it worse theres tiles catching about a 1/4 of an inch of it so to replace means taking down tiles and then getting the new one installed. If it was after xmas then it wouldn't so bad but I don't want to start taking tiles down a week before xmas :(.

By built in you mean a pull out door right if your careful you might not need to go near the tiles them extractors are 50mm away from the wall and theirs a metal filler peace with two screws loosen them that pulls forward should be no need for tiling but really its hard for me to say without seeing it but i hope i have helped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

By built in you mean a pull out door right if your careful you might not need to go near the tiles them extractors are 50mm away from the wall and theirs a metal filler peace with two screws loosen them that pulls forward should be no need for tiling but really its hard for me to say without seeing it but i hope i have helped

thank you peter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Does anybody know a good make of fan as i have to use 4 m of duct and the people its for do a lot of boiling.

• Advertisement

You would want a twin motor one any way, Ill get a make of a good one for ya just have to ask someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

get an elica twin motor hood and you wont go wrong

Advertisement