Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad Air

• 18-12-2013 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Anyone any idea where I'd get an Ipad Air in dublin? Compub only have the cellular 64gb ones!! Sold out already, should have got organised earlier :o

Thanks
    Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

I got a 16gb wifi only one in iconnect in whitewater shopping center in newbridge last Saturday. Not sure if they have any left but maybe give them a call if you can't get one in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Thanks jonas.. its a bit far for me. Im livimg in the city centre ... any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

neil_hosey wrote: »
    Thanks jonas.. its a bit far for me. Im livimg in the city centre ... any other ideas?
    there in liffey valley as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kincly

Cirrus pcworld have some if you reserve

Thanks lads.. where cirrus? Il check liffey valley too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

neil_hosey wrote: »
    Thanks lads.. where cirrus? Il check liffey valley too!!

He probably meant Currys/PC World. If they don't have it there's also an Apple reseller downstairs in Arnotts (last time I checked anyway). Also might try one of the D.I.D. shops. HMV used to sell Apple devices too, not sure if they stocked the iPad but still worth checking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Maybe try Argos too.

Currys/PCWorld sold out every where i checked :(

Also tried argos everywhere..

DubDJ wrote: »
    He probably meant Currys/PC World. If they don't have it there's also an Apple reseller downstairs in Arnotts (last time I checked anyway). Also might try one of the D.I.D. shops. HMV used to sell Apple devices too, not sure if they stocked the iPad but still worth checking.

Im going to try this i think.. wonder if i can ring them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

God love us last minute chancers!

Absolutely nowhere in Dublin seems to have them.

• Advertisement

compub sold out everywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mooooorsey

Hey, have u found anywhere yet? I'm searching too. Looking to get a iPad air 32GB wireless, does anyone know if they'll be re stocked before xmas?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Yo,

I've spent the last few days searching, there are NONE left in Ireland. Almost went to belfast to buy one second hand.

You MIGHT get a 64gb wifi if you keep trying, but I got one on amazon this evening that, for an extra 20 quid, will arrive Christmas Eve.

Also, COmpuB in grafton street dublin are getting a shipment in Saturday or Monday, but you'd seriously want to get your name on the list pronto. Though the 64gb models will be a little safer than the less expensive ones.

Call them first thing tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G4DSS1A/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's the 16gb model, follow the link to company page for your model.

HURRY. Seriously, I've been doing this all week. Basically have a PhD in iPad availability in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

One White 32Gb one in Argos Ashbourne Retail Park. I took the liberty of reserving it for one or other of you.

If you want to PM me I can send you the reservation number. Reserved until end of business Saturday.

One White 32Gb one in Argos Ashbourne Retail Park. I took the liberty of reserving it for one or other of you.

If you want to PM me I can send you the reservation number. Reserved until end of business Saturday.

Absolute legend!!

Is that you Santa??? :D;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Sorry to join in on this thread I just got notice now I need to get one for Santa dropped right in the mire ! If anybody knows of any availabllity of 16/32 GB Ipad Air with no cellular package I would be very grateful ! Long shot I know but thanks for your help in advance.

Peter, have you checked adverts.ie

Mate of mine is after finding two he will be looking at later. Might be a way out of a hole.

Bit of a gamble tho, but if it's unopened and comes with receipt it could be ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Sorry to butt in here :)... I have an iPad 3 use it a good bit but only really for Internet and email etc. Mum on about getting me an iPad air... I told her not to bother Coz i have an ipad. Don't really think I need it but are they a lot better than the iPad 3? And why? I spose if that's a question I have to ask then I don't really need it right?? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Peter, have you checked adverts.ie

Mate of mine is after finding two he will be looking at later. Might be a way out of a hole.

Bit of a gamble tho, but if it's unopened and comes with receipt it could be ok?

Bandtito909 - Thanks for that think I am sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in here :)... I have an iPad 3 use it a good bit but only really for Internet and email etc. Mum on about getting me an iPad air... I told her not to bother Coz i have an ipad. Don't really think I need it but are they a lot better than the iPad 3? And why? I spose if that's a question I have to ask then I don't really need it right?? Lol

Don't bother imo.

I upgraded from a 3 to an Air and notice no difference performance wise.
    It crashes a lot as well, don't know if it's lack of memory or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

I got 3 of them in the I- Connect store in Liffey Valley on Wed, try there

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Harvey Norman in Swords have some stock this morning. I got a 32gb wifi in the last hour looked to be 10 or so more in stock. Had to get the sales guy to check though when I asked first he laughed said no stock at all. I said the online stock checker said there was some in stock so he checked out back and came back with my ipad. He apologised for leading me astray and made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Not Now John

I got a 16GB wifi only one today in Newbridge (Whitewater).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kitty5193

Hi

Just reading the posts there, I have an IPad Air + blue smart cover
    16gb, I bought it for Christmas pressie for my daughter but she
    says she won't use it
    I'm open to offers if anyone wants to PM me

Advertisement