Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving back to vodka as aftershave

• 18-12-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I was getting razor bumps ,white heads and ingrown hairs. I use a safety razor and a new blade every time I shave.

Since rubbing vodka as an aftershave I have gotten rid all of the above.

what do people think about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Some of the most popular razor bump ointments are based around Isopropyl Alcohol and Aspirin.. I'm not sure if any additives in the vodka would help or hinder, but the purer it is, the less irritation it will cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

A new blade every shave? Usually I find the 2nd and 3rd shaves the best. Also don't skimp on lathering time as the brush should be helping with ingrown hairs, especially if it has a little backbone to dig in there.

If you have had good results with vodka by all means use it. There are many alcohol based splashes which would do a similar job but perhaps yours is the most pure.

Advertisement