Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

001001735 number

Options
  • 18-12-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

call 18 Dec 2013 11:51AM

tried to tell me they are from visa debit, and money had been taken from my account. to block this I must give them my card number and expiry date

expiry date i gave him 01/17
    card number

1234 - 5678 - 901234 -05423

he belived me for a second, then said I have a status of FO
    i said what , he said F??K OFF

he hung up

can eircom not block this number its being going on for months now

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/001001735

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Because the call is coming from outside Ireland they cant, we tried to get them to block them but they wanted €100 to send us out something to attach to the phone to block them

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

thanks just ordered one of these 
    http://www.eircom.net/accessories/phones/cordless/callblocker/

i was also getting calls from fake microsoft calls nearly ever day

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Just an FYI: You can buy that piece of hardware for 3 times less on Amazon! Silly Eircom adding a significant profit margin to it.

yes i know they usual come with English phone connections which don't work here

Just an FYI: You can buy that piece of hardware for 3 times less on Amazon! Silly Eircom adding a significant profit margin to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Rambo wrote: »

Hi Guys
    we are aware of both of these particular phone scams. As amandaf675 has stated above, it is very difficult to identify, pin down and block these types of calls.

It is vital to be aware that personal or financial details should never be divulged to unknown callers.

Vigilance is important...

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

They Do if you use this Link

Hi Guys
    we are aware of both of these particular phone scams. As amandaf675 has stated above, it is very difficult to identify, pin down and block these types of calls.

It is vital to be aware that personal or financial details should never be divulged to unknown callers.

Tony
    They can sell you a device for 99 euro with the black list number  but yet they cant add to this to exchange  sounds like Ireland still backwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Guys

Tony
    They can sell you a device for 99 euro with the black list number  but yet they cant add to this to exchange  sounds like Ireland still backwards
    Sorry we dont have better news on this Rambo

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Hi Guys

Tony
    These numbers are spoofed at the originator end. It's pretty trivial to do, so blocking a single number at the routing level would be counterproductive. Blocking the 001 prefix would eliminate all of the US, so not a good solution there either.

Advertisement