Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac Pros go on sale tomorrow.

• 18-12-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭

...finally.

No BTO pricing yet though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Edit: sorry - being dumb, prices from €3,099, but no further info. http://store.apple.com/ie/buy-mac/mac-pro

Was:

I believe the UK base price will be £2,499 - so I'd expect prices starting north of 3k Euro. €3,199 or similar

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I think I'll go for the 6-core €4,000 model. Should make Facebook browsing even snappier.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Better get the 12 core just in case

Wonder how much that be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Better get the 12 core just in case

Wonder how much that be

BTO 12 core option up now - adds 2.760 euro to the 6 core price.

I've a budget assigned to getting a work machine, so I'll scrape a 6 core, 32Gb memory, 512Gb flash storage, and dual D700 graphics cards. That should brighten up Jan/Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

For that money I'd expect it to come with a mouse and keyboard. Crazy price for a computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the whole point is that you have your own keyboard, mouse, monitor.

these aren't for the general populous. these are to sit under €250,000 worth of a mixing desk or processing video off €50,000 studio cameras.

when you're dealing with tools that cost that much, €50 for a mouse/keyboard combo is a drop in the ocean.

the whole point is that you have your own keyboard, mouse, monitor.

these aren't for the general populous. these are to sit under €250,000 worth of a mixing desk or processing video off €50,000 studio cameras.

when you're dealing with tools that cost that much, €50 for a mouse/keyboard combo is a drop in the ocean.

Still, I wonder how long it will be before someone puts their trash in it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I doubt mac pro owners are that stupid, they're some of the most creative people in their respective industries.

I actually don't get the trash can resemblance, i mean its a cylinder but so are so many other things. It's the most badass looking cylinder I've seen though :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Nibs05

12 core 2.7 ghz
    64 gb ram
    1tb ssd
    Dual FirePro graphics 6gb

Total= €9,698.99

I doubt mac pro owners are that stupid, they're some of the most creative people in their respective industries.

I actually don't get the trash can resemblance, i mean its a cylinder but so are so many other things. It's the most badass looking cylinder I've seen though :pac:.

Well I doubt the owner would do it, but I agree its a badass looking bin, computer ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Advertisement