Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke City v Manchester United - KO 19:45

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When is draw for semis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I cant remember the last united game i really enjoyed great result but find myself frustrated and a little bored by the continued poor play which has crept into united the last few years

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When is draw for semis?

Straight after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

When is draw for semis?

After the game. (as long as it doesn't rain)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I guess it has to be put into perspective, the squad is paper thin with injury at the moment and are starting to gather momentum anyway with some guys starting to show a little bit more form.

That's good.

Plenty bad, but Im gonna stay with the positive tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

The away fans are always brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Smalling and Evans have been immense.

Henandez looked so (understandably) disappointed and frustrated with Valencia there.

beno619 wrote: »
    Smalling and Evans have been immense.

First choice partnership for me, or at least the one I would like to be the first choice partnership. Smalling needs to get a clear run from injury now and show the ability he showed when he came in first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Not playing the best, but some positives of late.

3 Clean sheets in a row, defence is looking more solid.
    Fletcher coming back.
    Carrick to be back soon.
    Good draw in the Champions League.

EDIT: Young actually scoring could be added too.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    First choice partnership for me, or at least the one I would like to be the first choice partnership. Smalling needs to get a clear run from injury now and show the ability he showed when he came in first

Jones was great against villa as well, no need for Rio to feature anymore this season barring injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bet we get city away in semi's!

beno619 wrote: »
    Jones was great against villa as well, no need for Rio to feature anymore this season barring injuries.

Sadly I am starting to agree with that consensus.

A legend, but he has declined sharply and will hopefully now just be an influence on the team from the dressing room, mentoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So.. better to face Citeh over two legs, or hope we don't meet them til the final?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Bet we get city away in semi's!

League cup, so will be a two leg semi.

ninja900 wrote: »
    So.. better to face Citeh over two legs, or hope we don't meet them til the final?

Be a super final

Sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sunderland v MUFC
    Citeh v WHU

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

At least the second half resembled a game of football. The first was ridiculous.
    Stoke need to sort out that stadium, the wind blows right through it. It's a bit ridiculous at this level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

At least the second half resembled a game of football. The first was ridiculous.
    Stoke need to sort out that stadium, the wind blows right through it.

It's no place for the old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kryogen wrote: »
    Young has had a very positive impact on this game

That's all you can ask from him really. He deserves a break from the constant abuse for tonight anyway.

Disliking a player is one thing, refusing to acknowledge any good he does is another, at the end of the day he is still a United player, whether I like him or not I will support him.

Dont think I refuse to acknowledge anything about him, I was going to say before yet again my stupid broadband cut out that he had a great goal and an assists but by in large he was quite poor again. The point of a winger is to cross the ball and in his case deliver a proper corner which in by large he did **** all. The thing is he shouldnt be a utd player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is anybody else watching it on the bein sport stream? the commentator is absolutely priceless, described evra's goal as orgasmic

Sounds like Ray Hudson. He is funny for 10 mins with his geordie accent and ridiculous phrases, etc. If I had to listen to him on a regular basis it'd make me want to jab rusty nails in my ears.

Still, he is better than Niall Quinn, Ray "Def-fin-aaaaatly" Houghton, or Ronnie "the playa should do betta" Whelan.

Hopefully he builds on this performance, he's not good enough to take us to the CL Finals but on top form is definitely worth having in the squad as long as he cuts out the ridiculous diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Headshot wrote: »
    Dont think I refuse to acknowledge anything about him, I was going to say before yet again my stupid broadband cut out that he had a great goal and an assists but by in large he was quite poor again. The point of a winger is to cross the ball and in his case deliver a proper corner which in by large he did **** all. The thing is he shouldnt be a utd player.

I understand your point, but I'd happily take a quite poor performance from him with a game winning strike, than a great performance from him and end up with a 0-0 draw.

I think he is a useful player if he can get his form back and cut out the ridiculous diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

and in his case deliver a proper corner which in by large he did **** all. The thing is he shouldnt be a utd player.

Saw two decent corners second half from him.

Average performance from Young but better than usual.

Not a fan of his but I'm hoping he returns to his best, he'll then be a great asset to the squad.

• Advertisement

He impacted the game, he scored and assisted, that's all that really matters in the end, particularly from a squad player.

Whether or not he should be a United player doesn't matter, he is one, so he should be supported while he is, for what its worth I agree with you, never wanted him at the club and still don't. If he can pop up with a goal or an assist when he is played though he will be a great squad player to have

How many games did RVP do nothing else but score last year? Goals win games and deserve to be recognised.

I get your point, I agree with a lot of what you say, I just don't like seeing United players get abuse from their own fans. Even though I do it myself at times! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

That first half of soccer made Ireland under Trap look good

Advertisement