Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's the wind up there ?

Options
  • 18-12-2013 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hear the storm is going to hit you bad.

How's it at the moment ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was very windy earlier up here in North Inishowen. And very wet too, lot of surface water about.

Then about 5:30pm it seemed to calm down a lot! But wind picking up again, could be a rough night again.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Very, very strong gusts for the last hour or two around Ballybofey/Stranorlar. I havent even looked out but I can hear what seems like (I hope anyhow) twigs hitting the front window. The Sky picture is off and on since the football started nearly an hour ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Donegal town is being hit hard. Huge gusts, house is rattling. The noise outside is unreal, deafening.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just went out to the back yard about 10 minutes ago to get some logs for the fire and I was damned near blown away. 'tis rough at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Pretty brezzy in Sligo as well. Had to fight against the wind crossing the car park to my car bout an hour ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Malcolm.

Hang in there. Hope no injuries and damage is limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Bit breezy here in Letterkenny. Lights are flickering a little bit but that's it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I hear Killybegs came off the worst or so i heard on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Maybe it's me, but I can't ever recall such a sustained bout of strong winds that we've faced in the last 10 days.

• Advertisement

I see one guy posted in the satellite forum on how the weather affected him
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057109588

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

I see one guy posted in the satellite forum on how the weather affected him
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057109588

Christ that's scary. In the Weather forum, I see M.T. Cranium has forecast gusts later this evening/tonight of up to 170KMP/HR.:eek:

Putin wrote: »
    Christ that's scary. In the Weather forum, I see M.T. Cranium has forecast gusts later this evening/tonight of up to 170KMP/HR.:eek:

I see the UK are getting it just as bad on the RTE News@6 on floods & all manner of travel especially people travelling home to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Putin wrote: »

MT Cranium needs to lay off the sauce methinks.

Wasn't half as bad up here in North Inishowen as they had predicted. Looks like we escaped the worst of it this time.

Advertisement