Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterkenny for NYE.

Options
  • 18-12-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Myself and my girlfriend are going to be in Donegal for New Year's Eve. Just wondering where would be decent to go to in Letterkenny, preferably somewhere that won't be absolutely jam packed?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there Duff,

I have moved your thread from our Travel 'things to do in' forum over into the Donegal forum where it would be better suited as it is localised.

Thanks & Enjoy your New Years Night!
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Duff wrote: »
    Hey,

Myself and my girlfriend are going to be in Donegal for New Year's Eve. Just wondering where would be decent to go to in Letterkenny, preferably somewhere that won't be absolutely jam packed?

Thanks.

What type of of music or entertainment would you be looking for?

Dj, live band, no music, rock or usual pub band style?

There are a fair amount of places to try various pubs and clubs but don't want to recommend somewhere before I know more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I know last year everywhere was pretty packed, just to let you know. But if you get in early you'll get good enough seating.

As dannie said though no point recommending a place until we know what you're into :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks Kerry :).

Oh yeah, don't know how I forgot to include that. A live band or DJ would be perfect. We're not too fussy and both mid 20s.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Duff wrote: »
    Thanks Kerry :).

Oh yeah, don't know how I forgot to include that. A live band or DJ would be perfect. We're not too fussy and both mid 20s.

Thanks for the help.

My suggestion would be voodoo.

Downstairs is usually a live band but they also have the greenroom which has live bands too and the same venue has DJs too.

The downstairs is free but both greenroom and main venue are pay and you might have to pay twice depending on the setup and who is playing

https://www.facebook.com/Voodooletterkenny

will keep you up to date but if i see any posters outside i'll come back to this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks very much. Voodoo sounds perfect.

Appreciate the help.

Advertisement