Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Visa after Graduation?

Options
  • 18-12-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Currently trying to plan what I would like to do during the summer of 2014 as I am working as a English language assistant in France at the moment so I am free from April onwards. I graduated from NUIG in October 2013 and I am wondering if it is possible to do the US J1 Visa the summer following graduation. I did the J1 during summer 2013 and whilst I spent the most of it in San Diego I really fell in love with a small college town called Chico in Northern California whilst visiting a friend there for 2 weeks. This is literally the only place I would consider going back to. However I'm not sure if it's possible for me to do it again. I've seen one or two sites say you can do it the summer after graduation but most sites have no mention of this. Has anyone here done it the summer after their graduation?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

As long as the first day of your visa is within 12 months of your graduation date, you shouldnt have a problem applying. That means, you have until October 2014 to get your visa.

Advertisement