Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Cafe/Death Over Dinner - Discussion Groups

Options
  • 18-12-2013 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

I just came across these and thought they were really good concepts. I wonder would they work here, and whether people might be interested in such a discussion.

Links:
    Death Cafe
    Death Over Dinner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Waking-Dreams

An interesting concept alright. I would say most of us convince ourselves that death is something which happens to other people, rarely contemplating our own mortality.

Nevertheless, I think it’s a good idea to regularly reflect on the topic, if even to remind ourselves that we are not going to live forever and are we making the most of our lives. The Death Cafe seems to have really taken off around the world.

Right now, many people are contemplating New Year’s resolutions. I would say this time of year is as good as any for an honest conversation about death.

Advertisement