Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issue with online retailer

Options
  • 18-12-2013 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI reps

I have a query on a purchase which I have made with an online retailer in the EU 3 weeks ago. I purchased several items, a few of these did not fit hence i had to return them.

The way it works is that the retailer has an agreement with UPS for shipping the goods and taking them back from you with a pre-paid label to be sent back to their warehouse in Italy. 

Today I got a refund for all items which I have returned except an expensive blazer (284 euro), which was actually the most valuable item in the box. I believe someone must have opened the box and taken the blazer. The whole return shipment was very unusual from the start, since the package was apparently not scanned by UPS in Dublin (they forgot they said!) and appeared on the system 3 days after I sent it

The question that I have for you is, am i protected in case of theft by the courier during the return of an item? I paid by mastercard credit card.

I have contacted the retailer and I am waiting for a reply, I hope that they'll reply will be positive but just in case it is not I need to know where I stand as I shouldn't be out of pocket from the somebody's theft

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi j4vier 

Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear you’ve experienced difficulties with the return of your purchase.

As card disputes are investigated on a case to case basis, it will be best to contact Card Services on 0818 251 251 or from abroad 00353 5677 57747.

A representative can certainly assist you with your concerns and advise you of how they can help in this situation.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement