Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill it cook it eat it.

Options
  • 19-12-2013 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

This is on again tonite. Not sure if its a repeat or that.

Rte2 now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This is on again tonite. Not sure if its a repeat or that.

Rte2 now

What animal is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

syklops wrote: »
    What animal is it?

On the planner it says lamb but there doing a goat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

On the planner it says lamb but there doing a goat now.

Next door neighbour has a Goat going for the hop soon, he said its the new meat to eat, as in a lot more people trying and liking this meat.

I actually never had goat.
    Have you ever tryed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I have i used to eat it all the time in uganda. Goat on a stick:D
    Very very tasty.:pac:
    It was the same as this.
    DSC01921.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Had goat last year after an outing on a permission. Made Cury with it, very nice, like lamb, but a it tougher, which was probably more to do with it leave g it hang enough.

On a similar point, ear to the ground had a piece on turkeys last night, where the presenter killed it herself, the antis not too happy about it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

Had goat last year after an outing on a permission. Made Cury with it, very nice, like lamb, but a it tougher, which was probably more to do with it leave g it hang enough.

On a similar point, ear to the ground had a piece on turkeys last night, where the presenter killed it herself, the antis not too happy about it :-)

I watched it was very informative, I did this last year with a friend the plucking afterwards is grand on one, but after 20 or so the fingers get sore,do the antis think the Turkey strolls into the shed looks at you and has a heart attack rolls over and dies, although she kills the Turkey the old way.

Tbh, don't know why more people don't rear their own at this stage anyway, although it does seem to be getting more popular.

Home reared birds I think are generally better cared for than something out of a factory.

I've got seven of em hanging at the moment, we generally rear them for ourselves and give the rest as Christmas gifts to friends and family.

Did our own pigs a few years back too, and cured our own Ham, Def want to do that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Cooked goat a few years back when I was in Haiti. We got them straight from the abattoir still quivering and steaming.
    Excellent flavour from the meat, stewed and grilled it even had the locals do some of thier own recipes with it.
    There's a few on a mates permission but very tricky to get near, hopefully one day we will get lucky.

Turf n turf :-)

[IMG][/img]image-be23a3131edbdc9b5cd058d383912ad5263b6731e4cfc86b7d7675f57d01757b-V_zps1s61o3xa.jpg

• Advertisement

Very nice which one is for next wensday.

The far left fella is ours for Wednesday, the rest are gifts for friends.

The big fella at the back is mine as well :-)

Busy day ahead Sunday getting em ready

Advertisement