Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turn off and remove gas fire!!

Options
  • 19-12-2013 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

lads getting a stove in and need gas plaumber to disconnect and remove gas fire , any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

I got a gas fire out and a Stanley oisin stove in this year best thing ever Mark Langford plumbing disconnected the gas fire and put in the stove. He was very reasonable, and did a very good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

John Cahill in Fairfield gas is excellent and a really nice guy too. I will PM you his number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I got a gas fire out and a Stanley oisin stove in this year best thing ever Mark Langford plumbing disconnected the gas fire and put in the stove. He was very reasonable, and did a very good job.

Did you have to drill an extra hole in the wall for air flow(vent) into your sitting room? I wanted to get one but i was advised that new regs meant id have to have a hole drilled in more ground level even though i had a vent up at the top of the wall? That put me right off!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

Did you have to drill an extra hole in the wall for air flow(vent) into your sitting room? I wanted to get one but i was advised that new regs meant id have to have a hole drilled in more ground level even though i had a vent up at the top of the wall? That put me right off!
    No I did nt need an extra hole drilled at floor level as my living room connects with my kitchen which has a floor level air vent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Thomas Grant Gas and Oil services will do it for ya no problem. PM me for his number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Any ideas roughly how much it would cost to get a gas fire out?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

200motels wrote: »
    Any ideas roughly how much it would cost to get a gas fire out?

in and around 60 quid.

Advertisement