Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinect voice commands

Options
  • 19-12-2013 4:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

So ive setup my xbox and obviously the irish commands arent available, has any one setup as being in the uk and had success? I heard that there is potential bans for doing so and i just want to clarify if theres any truth in it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Cotts wrote: »
    So ive setup my xbox and obviously the irish commands arent available, has any one setup as being in the uk and had success? I heard that there is potential bans for doing so and i just want to clarify if theres any truth in it

No bans, worked fine on a friends Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

Cheers will give it a go so!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Coconut Joe

If you want to buy anything you'll need to change region back to Ireland though. You can grab any extra free apps though, only one that seems to have an IP lockout is the channel 5 player.

• Any word on when this functionality will be available as per correct region?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

If you want to buy anything you'll need to change region back to Ireland though. You can grab any extra free apps though, only one that seems to have an IP lockout is the channel 5 player.
    I just buy whatever I want on xbox.com, which only lets you buy from your gamer tags region, and then download from my xbox without needing to change the region back to Ireland on the console and I haven't had a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dor83 wrote: »
    I just buy whatever I want on xbox.com, which only lets you buy from your gamer tags region, and then download from my xbox without needing to change the region back to Ireland on the console and I haven't had a problem.

Is one stuff available to buy from there? last i checked ( a while back it wasn't) and you didn't have access to credit on the account or pay pal.

calex71 wrote: »
    Is one stuff available to buy from there? last i checked ( a while back it wasn't) and you didn't have access to credit on the account or pay pal.
    It is but it's hard to find the stuff on the site, I used the links from majornelson.com to get the stuff I wanted, here's a link to the games. I don't have any credit left on my account so just got Max and Halo using my cc, they were kind of spur of the moment purchases so it was easier that way anyway.

It is but it's hard to find the stuff on the site, I used the links from majornelson.com to get the stuff I wanted, here's a link to the games. I don't have any credit left on my account so just got Max and Halo using my cc, they were kind of spur of the moment purchases so it was easier that way anyway.

Well I have to say Max was a spur of the moment buy for me too and turning out to be well worth it, 14.99 and it has full retail game quality written all over it !!!!! Normally when i've bought in early to "arcade games" on 360 I regretted it fairly quickly but Max could have been on a disc and been better value than some launch titles!!!!!

Edit: I should point out that credit on your account is still the way to go got €25.40 on games points now yesterday for €20.95 not a massive saving but still a saving none the less

Well I have to say Max was a spur of the moment buy for me too and turning out to be well worth it, 14.99 and it has full retail game quality written all over it !!!!! Normally when i've bought in early to "arcade games" on 360 I regretted it fairly quickly but Max could have been on a disc and been better value than some launch titles!!!!!
    I like it myself and am glad I bought it but it is quite short. It looks really nice and I found it enjoyable so was worth getting, probably the best of the download only games on the one so far.
    I should point out that credit on your account is still the way to go got €25.40 on games points now yesterday for €20.95 not a massive saving but still a saving none the less
    I usually do buy points, it's just that it's not a huge saving any more so for spur of the moment purchases I don't bother. At one point I was getting 3 4200 points cards for €85 so it was well worth it but now it's more hassle than it's worth unless I'm buying full games. MS knew what they were doing getting rid of points.

I like it myself and am glad I bought it but it is quite short. It looks really nice and I found it enjoyable so was worth getting, probably the best of the download only games on the one so far.

Short? I'm only up to chapter 3 so can't confirm and I've been playing it in in fits and starts but so far it seems like it;s about as long as an average retail platform game ?

• Advertisement

Short? I'm only up to chapter 3 so can't confirm and I've been playing it in in fits and starts but so far it seems like it;s about as long as an average retail platform game ?
    I completed it the day it came out, now I had the day off and played it a good bit but I'd say 5-6 hours so it would be short for a retail game. It was probably more that I found it very easy and that made it feel shorter, I still found it fun to play though.

Advertisement