Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre in Naas

Options
  • 19-12-2013 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Will be moving to Naas in the new year but eircom say the phone on the property is not eFibre enabled even thought the map says it is currently available

Is there anyone in Naas currently getting eFibre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Is UPC an option?

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

eFibre rollout in Naas is in progress as far as I know - certainly been digging up, redoing cabinets etc around me - I suspect it maybe a slight difference in the Map which was based on a projected date, the database which is probably based on the last check of the line and the on-going work on some streets. Your best bet might be to ring Eircom and check.

BTW UPC is available around me, not sure about all of Naas.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

UPC not available unfortunately and eircom are completely useless when called, zero information other than it should be available next year, not so much as early next year

Has anyone in Naas gotten eFibre broadband yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

Their sales Rep called here in kill village a month ago, he said that efibre being turned on here in February. I didn't sign up so no idea if that's still the plan!!

• Advertisement

Mac B wrote: »
    Their sales Rep called here in kill village a month ago, he said that efibre being turned on here in February. I didn't sign up so no idea if that's still the plan!!

If they sent reps out it's likely that the February date is fairly solid, thanks for the info

tvc15 wrote: »
    If they sent reps out it's likely that the February date is fairly solid, thanks for the info

You would think, efibre went live in Kill today!! Only 3 months late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

You would think, efibre went live in Kill today!! Only 3 months late!

Ah sure - lets make sure the people of Kill get their efibre on time and lets just ignore all the thousands of people who had phones cut off in the 10 weeks of storms that ravaged the country - sure they can wait for normal service to resume after the Mac B get his/her efibre.

Or put it another way - the Dec -Feb storms damaged a huge amount of infrastructure. Temporary fixes were put in place followed by permanent fixes. This is still going on.

and no I don't work in communications - all this has been reported in newspapers.

So I really feel for you having to wait a little longer for your efibre - eircom should have prioritised that well ahead of people with no phone service or those with temporary repairs that could go at any time.

So happens Skelligs I wasn't waiting for efibre as I'm not getting same, I was just posting so the OP was aware of the delays in case they were still waiting.

Sounds like your a bit frustrated by the whole thing yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

So happens Skelligs I wasn't waiting for efibre as I'm not getting same, I was just posting so the OP was aware of the delays in case they were still waiting.

Sounds like your a bit frustrated by the whole thing yourself!

Not at all - but I do get frustrated when people moan about something without the slightest thought about the issue.

Telecommunication systems were severely damaged and many crews were re-directed from planned work. Unless you lived under a rock, you'd have experienced the storms and read the papers and heard/seen the destruction.

If you were waiting on efibre or other eircom work and rang them, there was a message explaining about the emergency work.

So if they weren't distracted by storms, the chances are efibre would have been switched on at the estimated date - in my area it was estimated at last December and was switched on in November.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

My Dad was on the phone to Efibre a few days ago and they said all of Kildare should have it by the end of the month.

larrlin24 wrote: »
    My Dad was on the phone to Efibre a few days ago and they said all of Kildare should have it by the end of the month.

Well, fingers crossed but my local exchange hasn't even been put in so between installing that cabinet and actually getting any houses connected, im going to have to be patient. I'd always take what the sales team say with a grain of salt

Advertisement