Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc 812 with pyronix v2 tel dialler

Options
  • 19-12-2013 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone. I'm an electrician but don't have any alarm experience. In my own house i have a hkc 812 panel and i decided to install a pyronix v2 tel ptsn dialler (it was going cheap). I have the engineers code for my alarm, and have the manuals for both the alarm and the dialler.

My problem is this. My dialler wont work when the alarm is activated. I've tried everything. I've tried all 4 panel outputs on both pos and neg settings. I've tried using the external sounder as an output. On the dialler i have the option for 1)Open 2)Normally Low 3)Normally Medium 4) normally high and i've tried all these settings and nothing works.

When i use the dialler to call a number manually, it works fine. Could anyone please advise me where i am going wrong and what output and settings i need to be using. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Cam you trigger the dialler on its own by giving it a negative from its power supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bmines67

Whatever i try i cant get it to trigger. I have the dialler powered from the power supply of the alarm pane, would this affect anything?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like a problem with the digi.
    I presume you have the numbers and messages programmed.

Yes, numbers and messages are programmed fine. I can manually dial out also. Am i right in thinking the way it should be wired is to the alarm output of the hkc panel, which i set to negative? My problem is i dont know what settings i should be using on the dialler, is it open? Normally low? voltage trigger?

The manual should explain this. Normally open should be negative applied to trigger. Normally closed should be negative removed to trigger.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry to sound ignorant but as i say i have no alarm experience. If i use the alarm output from the hkc panel and set it to negative, what settings should i use on the pyronix? I really need help here:(

Should be normally open.

Thanks

Advertisement