Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to get my broadband connected after my house move???

Options
  • 19-12-2013 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I moved house 3 weeks ago and requested that I move my phone & broadband with me. They said that I would have to do 1 at a time and get my phone line sorted first, so this was done after a couple of days. Next the broadband at the sart they said it would be 5-10 working days but then they said they had no port in the exchange, I only moved up the road so I asked them why dont they use the port I just left???Anyway this got sorted and they gave me a date of 17-12-13, this has come and gone and still no broadband!!I spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday getting passed from house move-technical-sales but still no answers only they are working on a problem at the exchange. Now I know once you have a port assigned its only a 10 min job....can someone please tell me what the hold up is..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

They made a mistake on my address in October. The tech on the spot said that the port needed to be enabled. They waited two months and until I had gone to Comreg and waited the two weeks they have to contact them before they tried to organise things. They then sent a tech to the wrong address with the wrong info this morning.

Cancel or go to Comreg immediately, it seems to be the only thing that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saraffer

Is there any eircom Representative going to reply to this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

saraffer wrote: »
    I moved house 3 weeks ago and requested that I move my phone & broadband with me. They said that I would have to do 1 at a time and get my phone line sorted first, so this was done after a couple of days. Next the broadband at the sart they said it would be 5-10 working days but then they said they had no port in the exchange, I only moved up the road so I asked them why dont they use the port I just left???Anyway this got sorted and they gave me a date of 17-12-13, this has come and gone and still no broadband!!I spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday getting passed from house move-technical-sales but still no answers only they are working on a problem at the exchange. Now I know once you have a port assigned its only a 10 min job....can someone please tell me what the hold up is..
    Hi saraffer

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Can you please PM your Telephone number or account number and I can look into this for you.

Thanks
    Ash

Ash,
    I have been that messed about I got so fed up I logged an official complaint this morning and reported it to COMREG. Complaint ref number- 1252958.
    I have sent you a PM with my ph no. & account no.

I have just cancelled my account so dont worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

saraffer wrote: »
    Ash,
    I have been that messed about I got so fed up I logged an official complaint this morning and reported it to COMREG. Complaint ref number- 1252958.
    I have sent you a PM with my ph no. & account no.
    Hi Saraffer

I have spoken with our complaints department and they have advised me they are now investigating this for you and the time frame for this is up to10 working days.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Ash

Advertisement