Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migrating, sadly, Mac to Windows

• 19-12-2013 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

My Mac having finally expired I now have a Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.1 Funds were just not available for a new Mac.

I am struggling with the interface - it's a whole new world.

I have an Epson printer Stylus SX235W and I had this working on WiFi in the beginning - but no longer.

It does work via ethernet but that is not the solution that I want. The problem started after Windows went and did an update of its own accord.

I have selected the printer in the Devices panel but see no settings for wireless.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Condatis wrote: »
    My Mac having finally expired I now have a Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.1 Funds were just not available for a new Mac.

I am struggling with the interface - it's a whole new world.

I have an Epson Stylus SX235W and I had this working on WiFi in the beginning - but no longer.

It does work via ethernet but that is not the solution that I want. The problem started after Windows went and did an update of its own accord.

I have selected the printer in the Devices panel but see no settings for wireless.

The first thing I'd suggest is grabbing the latest drivers for your printer from here. Then I'd say have a read of these instructions from Epson on how to configure the printer - there are a couple of ways of setting up Wireless printing depending on your home setup.

What Windows updates were installed just before the problem started?

Advertisement