Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New EU tobacco controls

• 19-12-2013 11:08am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just reading through the new EU tobacco regulation proposals. I had seen there was a plan to ban flavoured tobacco which, as a fan of girly fruity pipe tobacco, alarmed me. But I see now that
    pipe tobacco, cigars and cigarillos are currently not used in significant quantities for smoking initiation. Therefore the proposal foresees less stringent rules for these products, e.g. no mandatory pictorial health warnings and no prohibition of characterizing flavours.
    'Cos they would have had to take my mango and vanilla blend from my cold. dead. hands.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Can I order some chocolate and rum flavoured cigars please?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Thanks to the power of the cigar lobby: yes, yes you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Is this applicable in Ireland. I know the warning are strict here. Cannot see legislation allowing tobacco product if any description not being labelled here.

Advertisement