Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraudulent email

Options
  • 19-12-2013 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi,
    I received an email at 12.13 today from secure@admin.ie
    Here is the content of the email, just so you are aware of it going around.
    Thanks,
    Aisling.

[font=Verdana", "sans-serif]An attempt to access 365 Online Banking was denied on:[/font]

[font=Verdana", "sans-serif]Wednesday, 19 December 2013 at 10:42:19 EDT[/font]

[font=Verdana", "sans-serif]Access was denied for one of two reasons:[/font]

• [font=Verdana", "sans-serif]Incorrect attempts to access and Login failures.[/font]

• [font=Verdana", "sans-serif]Signing on from a different location or device different from your location and your IP address.[/font]

[*]
    [font=Verdana", "sans-serif]If you remember trying to access 365 Online Banking on the above date and time, please select [font=zzzzzzzVerdana", "sans-serif]"That was zzzzzzzzme."[/font][/font]
    [font=Verdana", "sans-serif]If you do not remember trying to access 365 Online Banking on the above date and time, please select [font=zzzzzzzVerdana", "sans-serif]"That was NOTzzzzzzzzz me."[/font]
    You will then be prompted to safeguards your account.

Thank You. Accounts Management As outlined in our User Agreeement, will
    periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements.

Copyright © 2013 Bank of Ireland.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You should edit the 2 links urls from the message body in case some one clicks them which is what the scammer/perp is trying to get you to do. Change them to something like http://www.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZgronbyggnation.com/editor/webapp/ssl/online365/spring/sessionLogOn/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

I didn't even think of that because I hadn't actually clicked into them myself. Hopefully I have done it right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Ash_18x

Thank you for your post.

This is certainly a fraudulent email you have received as Bank of Ireland will never send emails requesting account information or password information. We also do not send emails to fix a link by clicking on a resolution link. We would advise you never to click on any links.

Could we ask you to forward this email to 365security@boi.com

In the case the customer clicks on any links we would advise to run anti-virus software on your computer and do not use your online banking until the software confirms if your computer is clear from viruses. We strongly suggest to call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or from abroad 00353 140 44000 as soon as possible to have your 365 Pin changed and to discuss if you need your bank cards cancelled. This would depend on what information has been entered on the fraudulent website or link.

If you have not clicked the links and are concerned regarding your online banking, we would advise you to still run anti virus software on your computer.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

If you have any questions, please do contact us here again. We are happy to help.

Thanks

Alison

Advertisement