Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart times question

Options
  • 19-12-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi

I just got a job in town, starting in Jan, after being out of work for a while :) I was just checking dart times etc and wanted to know, from all you dart users, could let me know in real time, what is the best dart to take? My start time will be 9, and the company is right beside the station, so not much walking after it arrives in Pearse St. So would I be ok getting the 7.51, as it says it arrives at 8.38am?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

The 8am is Fine will get you in for 9, The Odd time it can be delayed i make it in to Stephens Green for 9

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

LMC wrote: »
    Hi

I just got a job in town, starting in Jan, after being out of work for a while :) I was just checking dart times etc and wanted to know, from all you dart users, could let me know in real time, what is the best dart to take? My start time will be 9, and the company is right beside the station, so not much walking after it arrives in Pearse St. So would I be ok getting the 7.51, as it says it arrives at 8.38am?

Thanks in advance

Just to supplement what The Real B-man said :

The 7.51 is a Diesel train that stops at the far track in Greystones (you have to go over the footbridge). Great train to get as it will have you in Pearse before 8.40. Only downside is you'll probably have to stand.

The 8am DART goes from the near track in Greystones (you don't have to cross the footbridge). That should have you in Pearse around 8.45am/8.50am. You should get a seat on that when getting on in Greystones (standing room only from Shankill in).

If you are purchasing weekly tickets, make sure you get down in plenty of time on Monday mornings (or buy your ticket on the way home on the previous Friday).

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nungesser

The DART schedule says that the journey time is 50 minutes but it rarely is. It is a solid 1hr journey greystones to pearse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

nungesser wrote: »
    The DART schedule says that the journey time is 50 minutes but it rarely is. It is a solid 1hr journey greystones to pearse.

it was in November and early December due to the ol' leaves-on-the-line problem, but its been back to 50 minutes the last couple of week. I get the 0800 into town every day and its in Pearse at 0850 95% of the time (except during leaf season).

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

eigrod wrote: »
    Just to supplement what The Real B-man said :

The 7.51 is a Diesel train that stops at the far track in Greystones (you have to go over the footbridge). Great train to get as it will have you in Pearse before 8.40. Only downside is you'll probably have to stand.

The 8am DART goes from the near track in Greystones (you don't have to cross the footbridge). That should have you in Pearse around 8.45am/8.50am. You should get a seat on that when getting on in Greystones (standing room only from Shankill in).

If you are purchasing weekly tickets, make sure you get down in plenty of time on Monday mornings (or buy your ticket on the way home on the previous Friday).

I really wish those from Greystones would stick to the DART. Youse are spoilt for service with bus and DART, and yet you love cluttering up the Wexford train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

R.F. wrote: »
    I really wish those from Greystones would stick to the DART. Youse are spoilt for service with bus and DART, and yet you love cluttering up the Wexford train.

In fairness we're perfectly entitled to get the Wexford train. At least 2 thirds of passengers on the Wexford train I get in the evening get off in Bray or Greystones, and a big chunk of the remainder get off in Wicklow.

The number of passengers using the service all the way to the Wexford stations is fairly small, it wouldn't make sense to run trains just for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Greystones is anything but spoiled for service. Due to the single track to Bray there are far fewer darts leaving to and from Greystones. There's only two buses that realistically service the area - the 184 and the 84, and these are often late or simply don't run at all. I hate trying to get out to the place via public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Thanks everyone, great information

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Build a Bridge, Assuming your getting on the Train Before Greystones you probably already have a Seat.

Advertisement