Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Home Delivery. Cautionary Tale

Options
  • 19-12-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

I ordered a new suite of furniture and a new dining set from Argos at the beginning of November. Got a delivery date of start of December, they arrived and the dining set had the wrong chairs, a much cheaper completely different chair set altogether in fact.

Rang them to get the correct chairs sent, they then said the earliest they could get them out is January. I had given away my old dining set so now i'm using the other chairs until then, wanted a new set for Christmas but at least we have something to sit on.

Anyway rang them to confirm the exact details as I didn't trust them after that mishap and they told me they wouldn't be sending me the more expensive chairs I paid for but instead another 6 of the cheaper ones they gave me in error! They said they made an admin error on their website and the chairs aren't available but they are, I checked the stockcode. I was incredulous that they could be so cheeky! They told me they'd refund my money if I wanted but the set has now gone up to full price so if i wanted to buy it again it would cost me double the price.

Shocked they would act so unprofessionally. And talking to their customer service reps is like banging my head off the wall!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

do not use the chairs you have !!! that is the biggest mistake you could make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

D3PO wrote: »
    do not use the chairs you have !!! that is the biggest mistake you could make.

What do you suggest I do then? Of course I have to use them, they are all I have from now til Jan! Including Christmas Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I cant find the relevant detail online (I can for the UK but not Ireland)

Using the product impinges on your rights as a consumer and can prevent you being able to look for a refund weather the product is wrong or not.

I cant be 100% the law is the same here as it is in the UK so id suggest you call 1890 432 432 for the consumer helpline and understand your position before you sit on those chairs.

D3PO wrote: »
    I cant find the relevant detail online (I can for the UK but not Ireland)

Using the product impinges on your rights as a consumer and can prevent you being able to look for a refund weather the product is wrong or not.

I cant be 100% the law is the same here as it is in the UK so id suggest you call 1890 432 432 for the consumer helpline and understand your position before you sit on those chairs.

Cheers but the chairs have been used everyday the last week and they will be used until Jan. When I rang Argos, they said to go ahead and use them of course. Never mentioned anything about my rights bring infringed. They did however say they want me to take them apart and put them in black plastic bags for the delivery guys the night before delivery in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sok2005 wrote: »
    When I rang Argos, they said to go ahead and use them of course.
    Hope they won't screw you over and deny ever saying this :mad:

• Advertisement

Goodness I wouldn't be surprised! Better get that in writing from them.

Just an update, got a call and email from a supervisor who was great, sorted everything out and apologised for the incorrect information we were given before. Also told me to use the current set until they got the correct set out to us.

Faith restored a bit, the trick it seems is to get through to a supervisor and they actually look into the details of each case instead of rattling off scripted responses.

Advertisement