Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Android Stick

• 19-12-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi, I have 2 dumb (not smart) TVs in the house and a DLNA NAS with movies, music and photos on it. To watch the movies on either TV, I have to connect my laptop to the TV via HDMI and play the movies that way. I understand I could use a PS or an XBox, but I want to get away from the big box. I am looking for something to duct-tape onto the back of the TV and forget its there.

I have seen blurb on HDMI Android sticks which hints that they could play my NAS movies over the home network. The big problem is that most devices I have seen reviewed are either unclear on this functionality or say that the quality is crappy.

Someone on boards has poo-poo'd the 4ife-Stick, saying that the quality is rubbish.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

bought the 4ife-Stick in powercity for a present today.

Tried it out just to ensure all ok.

My God I couldnt rush back for shop credit quick enough.

Buy a WD live and use a homeplug if u can.

Advertisement