Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary schools in Castletroy area

• 19-12-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Could anyone enlighten me which primary schools exist in the Castletroy area and how good they are? (Mixed and boys schools, I have 2 sons, so girls schools are not of interest).

I found Milford N.S. and Monaleen N.S. How good are these? and are there any others?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's also Gaelscoil Caladh an Treoigh and further out you have Lisnagry School.

Can't tell you how good they are as I have no experience with them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Gaelscoil is fantastic. They're moving to a new building next year though, out near New Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Enright

Second that re the Gaelscoil, Gaelscoil have places available - the new building will be directly behind the Munster GAA site. Monaleen NS and Milford excellent schools, Milford heavily subscribed.

Schools nearby: Ahane NS, Donoghmore NS, Lisnagry NS.

Best to made appointment and see which have places available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Unfortunately as my eldest son (who will be going to 4th class next school year) has nearly no Irish, and everyone else in the family has none whatsoever (we are not from Ireland originally and my several attempts at it failed because learning Irish thru non-native English was too much). So the Gaelscoil is most likely not an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I know a small country school about 10 mins from Castletroy who have places available. Its a small school that new children integrate really well due to the small class sizes and all the children get very tailored attention to their specific needs. PM me if you want the details. Have one child who as gone through the school and another one in 4th class, Highly recommend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement