Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyal customers for nigh on 15 years about to be lost?

Options
  • 19-12-2013 5:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hello folks.
    I have a bit of a situation here that you may be able to help with.

I visited my elderly parents yesterday and found out their landline phone had been inoperable for a few days.
    So, I rang your faults dept only to be told it had been disconnected due to non payment of its bill.
    I was told a secondary bill was sent out (parents never received it) and a call was made to them from the billing dept (parents never received one).
    I was told the the bill was 170 Euro odd and that there would be a reconnection charge of 20 Euro odd.
    Now my parents are not liars and I believe them when they said they never received any communication, but what they are is fierce contrary. The bill is no problem, but both swear up and down that they will not pay the reconnection fee.

It's looking like mobiles if the stumbling block is to be a reconnection fee for a couple who have been loyal customers for nigh on 15 years.

Can any reps see their way to resolve this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Clarebelly wrote: »
    Hello folks.
    I have a bit of a situation here that you may be able to help with.

I visited my elderly parents yesterday and found out their landline phone had been inoperable for a few days.
    So, I rang your faults dept only to be told it had been disconnected due to non payment of its bill.
    I was told a secondary bill was sent out (parents never received it) and a call was made to them from the billing dept (parents never received one).
    I was told the the bill was 170 Euro odd and that there would be a reconnection charge of 20 Euro odd.
    Now my parents are not liars and I believe them when they said they never received any communication, but what they are is fierce contrary. The bill is no problem, but both swear up and down that they will not pay the reconnection fee.

It's looking like mobiles if the stumbling block is to be a reconnection fee for a couple who have been loyal customers for nigh on 15 years.

Can any reps see their way to resolve this.
    Hi Clarebelly

Sorry to hear this. Can you please PM me either the telephone number or account number and I will look into this for you.

Thanks
    Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

PM was sent with details on 20-12-2013 at 12:17
    Any movement on this, folks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Clarebelly

I've replied by PM can you please reply back by PM also.

Thanks

Al

Hi Clarebelly

Thanks

Al
    PM sent.
    Thanks.

Issue resolved.
    Fair play.

• Advertisement

Hi Clarebelly

Thanks

Al
    PM sent.
    Thanks.
    Hi Clarebelly

I've replied just now

Thanks

Al

This issue was resolved, however my parents are still not receiving bills by post and I fear things may begin to mount up again.
    I passed on my parents full and correct address to your rep Mark at Christmas/New Year.
    Could you please look into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

This issue was resolved, however my parents are still not receiving bills by post and I fear things may begin to mount up again.
    I passed on my parents full and correct address to your rep Mark at Christmas/New Year.

Get rid- there are plenty of other options

Reps, any movement on this?

Hi Clarebelly

I see there is only one bill outstanding, can you PM me the exact address of where the bills should be going please?

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Clarebelly

I see there is only one bill outstanding, can you PM me the exact address of where the bills should be going please?

Thanks

Al
    Paid that by credit card online for the folks this morning as they were afraid of being cut off.
    I'll PM the address through now.

Hi Clarebelly

Thanks

Al
    Paid that by credit card online for the folks this morning as they were afraid of being cut off.
    I'll PM the address through now.

Hi Clarebelly

Thanks for the details by PM, I have amended this now and your bills will be posted the the correct address from now on.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement