Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation fee calculation query.

Options
  • 19-12-2013 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭

I'm asking this question on behalf of a relative of mine, so I can't PM account details.

They've an eircom line with regular broadband (not e-fibre) and have had to move abroad and now need to cancel. It's still within the minimum 12 month term.

If they cancel, are they liable for only the line rental aspect of the charges, or the whole package?

Also, is it possible to split the payment of this into say 3 or 4 chunks as they will be unable to pay the full amount in one go and will just have to leave the line active in their old house!?

Seems madness, and they've made an official complaint to several TDs about it as it seems to be a barrier to freedom of movement / labour flexibility in Ireland.

I can understand why mobile phone companies have such a fee where they've subsidised a handset.
    But, for eircom services, a flat in-contract disconnection fee would be more appropriate .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I'm asking this question on behalf of a relative of mine, so I can't PM account details.

They've an eircom line with regular broadband (not e-fibre) and have had to move abroad and now need to cancel. It's still within the minimum 12 month term.

If they cancel, are they liable for only the line rental aspect of the charges, or the whole package?

Also, is it possible to split the payment of this into say 3 or 4 chunks as they will be unable to pay the full amount in one go and will just have to leave the line active in their old house!?

Seems madness, and they've made an official complaint to several TDs about it as it seems to be a barrier to freedom of movement / labour flexibility in Ireland.

I can understand why mobile phone companies have such a fee where they've subsidised a handset.
    But, for eircom services, a flat in-contract disconnection fee would be more appropriate .
    HI Spacetime

Yes if contract is cancelled,  customers would be liable to pay an an early cancellation charge. This would be calculated by the remaining months left of the contract and the monthly cost of the bundle package they are on.

We also have an option for all customers to set up a payment plan so that they can pay this fee off in installments.

Thanks
    Mark

Advertisement