Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone in NCD getting no signal from Sky

Options
  • 19-12-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

haven't been able to get signal since last night not sure if its still the weather or if the dish was moved in the wind

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Fine in Balbriggan anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm in Swords and ours is fine. It sounds as though your dish has moved in the wind, that used to happen to us a lot.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Fine in Balrothery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

I'm in Swords and ours is fine. It sounds as though your dish has moved in the wind, that used to happen to us a lot.

it must have been moved in the wind, i've tried everything else now, how did you fix it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

it must have been moved in the wind, i've tried everything else now, how did you fix it before?

Get a ladder and go up and move the dish a fraction left or right with someone watching the TV to tell you when the channels appear, need a size 10\12 spanner

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

As kingtiger said, you'd need to readjust the dish. My husband used to get up the ladder (usually in very cold, windy weather) and I'd hold the bottom, running back and forth to the window to ask one of the kids if there was any signal so he could tighten it at that angle :rolleyes:
    To be honest, if it happened again I'd call a Sky engineer and pay to have it done.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I agree don't be getting up on the roof in this weather to try and do something your not 100% sure about let the pro's do it they have full insurance ;) Are you sure it's not the connection between the sky box and the TV are you getting a notice on the TV saying "no satellite signal being received"

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

fergal.b wrote: »
    I agree don't be getting up on the roof in this weather to try and do something your not 100% sure about let the pro's do it they have full insurance ;) Are you sure it's not the connection between the sky box and the TV are you getting a notice on the TV saying "no satellite signal being received"

Yeah it's no.Sat signal being received have checked connections, rebooted turned off and. back on again at mains.

I'm in apartment.and dish.is.on.3rd story so no chance either.if us will be.doing it. I'll give.the.engineer.a buzz and see if.he.can call out

Advertisement